Warn solenoid pack replacement - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 31st, 2008, 03:13 PM
Tony Brooks
Warn solenoid pack replacement

My solenoid pack let the smoke out a little while ago on my M10K. I finally got around to pulling it and the ground wire that goes from one of the solenoids to the winch body shorted and took out most of the ground sequence for the pack. Called Warn and they're replacing them for free. Apparently to figure out if yours is one of the ones they'll replace, you want to see if you have a 3 wire (vs 5 wire) remote, if the solenoids slip into clips on the solenoid base plate (vs bolt) and if the wires connecting the solenoids are slip fit vs. nutted down. Mine met all of these criteria and for the price of shipping it back to Warn, they're replacing it. The tech implied that this old configuration was at least on the 10K and 12K models. I've no idea if this is old news or not, but it's worth a check.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat