Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 11th, 2009, 08:58 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Want to help out nas110.com?

A while back, I bought nas110.com and expat110.com so that I could create a web resource for the 110s in the US. Specifically, my goal is to expand my 110 registry so that I can develop an information network that is better that rumor-net for locating and accounting for the 536 NAS 110's that came over. I want to increase awareness of the project and eventually be able to put out (at least yearly) a "110 Market Letter" on a strictly not-for-profit basis. This can serve the 110 community in a number of ways, the least of which being an aid to identifying originality and tracking provenance.

Grey-market 110's could use a parallel resource since they will have their own specific needs and issues.

I DO NOT want to have a forum since that function is perfectly well served here.

Charles Galpin is working on the database part (so that I can migrate away from this excel spread sheet) but I need some help with the web design part. Myself and a couple other guys have played around with it a bit, but I've now got a specific idea of what I'm wanting.

Is anyone willing to help with a bit of web design? I also am willing to take a bit of advice on site organization and maintenance if necessary. Charles has set up the site with drupal, so it should be easy to add content once the desired design is in place. Basically, I only want to add content.

I actually don't want to do much at all with expat110.com since that's not really my area, so if someone wants to take that one and run with it, then that would be sweet. I just didn't want to discriminate!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I have vins and info on the expats I have handled and would be happy to contribute once that site is up and running.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old February 11th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I'd be happy to do what I can, but I am not any good at designing websites. I am perfectly capable of criticizing bad ones though!
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2009, 09:59 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I would be happy to lend my computer savy talents to the project.

Ron
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:36 PM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

I'd be happy to help if you don't get enough volunteers...
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:42 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij

Ron

ROTFLMAO

You going to text him the code

Old February 11th, 2009, 11:12 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij

Ron
I may as well sell the domain and try and recoup some of the 7.95 I've invested in the project.

Old February 11th, 2009, 11:53 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Jim I would be more than happy to give out nasdefender110.com for the progect. I can also design websites like a mad man. thats all i do at work!
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old February 11th, 2009, 11:59 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Dan -- If you want to do the design, I can cut it up and skin drupal..
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old February 12th, 2009, 12:03 AM
surf110
Ze
130 Project

Jim. I still owe you that sticker we talked about last year.
I'm a creative director and can help with the design.
Old February 12th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

On that note, i make custom decals, stickers & banners in any size, color & quantity & will be happy to give you an unbeatable quote!
Old February 12th, 2009, 12:25 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

If you guys need any (free) hosting for this, let me know. I work at Rackspace and have some personal Linux-based servers to host things like this.
Old February 12th, 2009, 12:51 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I think Charles has the server space issue under control, but I'll let him weigh in if need be.

Ze - The sticker will be cool whenever you get around to it.

Sasha - I expect you'll be a big donor for my presidential campaign eventually and I don't want burn up all my goodwill right now.

Ryan, Dan - Thanks a lot! Basically, I want to follow the aesthetic of the Rover promotional material and literature of the time. I'm sure there's a way to combine the look of green leather, parchment, and sans-serif fonts on stark white to mimic the appearance of the owners manual etc. Is that too much design guidance? Too little? I'll worry about collecting alternate domain names down the road a bit...

Old February 12th, 2009, 01:00 AM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Ryan, Dan - Thanks a lot! Basically, I want to follow the aesthetic of the Rover promotional material and literature of the time. I'm sure there's a way to combine the look of green leather, parchment, and sans-serif fonts on stark white to mimic the appearance of the owners manual etc. Is that too much design guidance? Too little? I'll worry about collecting alternate domain names down the road a bit...
sounds great Jim! The more I can picture what you are looking for the easier it is for me to design. email me some Rover promotional material and literature if you have any to share. daniel . marcello @ gmail . com
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:29 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Ok, so does anyone have an original promo brochure for the NAS 110? I've got the owners manual, but that's about it.

I almost scored a "launch kit" a year or so ago but someone just beat me to it. It was a green faux-leather slipcover with materials inside, if anyone has one of those, I'd love some pix.

I think the ads will also prove fruitful. I'll find what I can.

Follow-up Post:

Here are a couple items - you can get a flavor...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Launch 1.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	17785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Launch 2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	17786  

Old February 12th, 2009, 08:07 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Good too see something coming out of this! Looking forward to see some designs.

charles
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:54 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Here's a pic of a disco manual, I'll have to take pix of the 110 Owner's manual this weekend. I'd like to mimic the text style as much as possible, so the site has the actual feel of being a Rover document.

And I thought a good sticker design could be based off the LE plate, but of course it would have to be changed to read nas110.com and not have the trademark on it etc. My photoshop skills are insufficient for that task, so if anyone wants to take a stab...
Attached Images

Old February 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Something along these lines Jim?
Attached Images

Old February 12th, 2009, 12:03 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I was thinking about maybe having NAS--110.com up top, so that I wasn't actually using Land Rover's name.

Then maybe "Defender 110 Registry" on the bottom and maybe NASD110 in the silver box. I dunno.

Old February 12th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC

Sasha - I expect you'll be a big donor for my presidential campaign eventually and I don't want burn up all my goodwill right now.
I am broke Jim! lol What is this presidential campaign you are speaking of!?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, nas