Voyager roof rack? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 30th, 2008, 09:30 AM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

Voyager roof rack?

Has anyone seen or used one of these racks?

It's made in Florida by a company called "Rover Racks". I've heard one claim of the company "ripping people off" but was hoping for some actual experience instead of 3rd hand hearsay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Voyager rack.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	11950  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2008, 10:17 AM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Rover Racks is aka Northwest Parts ... they were originally from the North West (duh!), I think Washington or Oregon .. back then, their main problem was quality... crappy welds and powdercoating. They moved to FL a few years ago and things seemed to get worse.. while their quality went up slightly, their customer service dropped to almost non existant. They were selling things and not delivering, and taking orders then changing prices. I believe it switched hands at some point (maybe to a relative?), and the new owner went a little nuts over at DiscoWeb... Now it seems they are back for another reincarnation.. I haven't heard anything about them in the past few months, but website & pictures are all the same as they used to be..

For what its worth, go to http://discoweb.org/forums/ and do a search ... "NorthWest" "North West" "NWP" "Roverracks" ...
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:24 AM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

DO NOT BUY NWP Roof Racks.... JUNK made very poorly... I purchased 5 a few years ago... None fit with out major tweaking... Powder coating looked like a home made set up very bad... Welds looked like done with a Arc not a clean Tig or Mig... Im not sure on there pipes. Rovers North seems to like them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 30th, 2008, 10:40 AM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

wow...

thanks guys. I like the look and was starting to lean that direction but... yea... not so much now...
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:34 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Plus, have you seen the back of that rack - its a bad effort at making a lousy copy of a NAS ladder mate up with a shitty knock-off of a disco roof rack.

I think the best rack out there is the Rover Hybrids one - costly, but worth it. Just get a UO ladder and the RH basket.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac, rack, roof, roof rack