Vendor feedback - CA: Rover Accessories - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 18th, 2004, 08:50 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Angry Vendor feedback - CA: Rover Accessories

Anyone worked with or ordered from Rover Accessories?
I started to chat with them 9/24 on a roof rack. Wierd situation and problematic which was not their fault but even moving on, these guys just do not follow up. I asked for options, availability, other add ons to my wheels, all followed up with 2 emails and 2 telephone calls a week and they do not call back, or I talk to them and its, "yes, I'll have an answer in 2 days. I'll call you." Heard that 3 times now so it seem no interested.

Did I just catch them at the wrong month???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2004, 12:36 PM
OCD90
Torrence
1997 Hardtop

I stopped by their shop one Saturday about a month ago, and they were GREAT. I got an excellent deal on a a take-off OEM brush guard, and they installed it for free. Cool shop, knowledgeable staff, and AWESOME 110s...totally cool guys, all of them. You can just browse the warehouse and see their products and their rigs.

BUT after seeing all of their great gear, I sent an email asking to have them quote me some prices on all of the stuff I wanted to budget for the coming year. I got a brief response a couple days later, no prices, then nothing...and it's been two weeks...not super happy with that, however, I do remember that the owner was going on a vacation...so, as with most relatively small businesses, having the main guy gone for a bit probably slows things down. I can wait--no biggie for me. I'll call when I get tired of waiting, if I need to.

If you can wait, or stop by, I think you'd be impressed. I only have that one experience, but I added them to my mental list of "I'll do business with those guys."
Old November 19th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

You gotta stay on them. That's the one weakness in their biz. RA builds one-off rigs for LRNA and sometimes is very busy. They built the Kalahari, Flyfisher, and a bunch of the G4 trucks, among others. They put big clients ahead of small, imho.

Many say the patience is worth the effort.

DW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

I called them up and ordered something without problem.... Had it in stock and was shipped and received in under a week.

EwS
Old November 19th, 2004, 02:55 PM
c2sox
Al Cruz
93 110 #428 and 01 Disco SD7

If it's in stock, yes then order from them. What I don't like is when they ask you to pay for it ahead of time when they clearly don't have the item and expect you to wait until they get their shipment in. Since then I've stopped inquiring, I don't believe in fronting anybody any money.

When I had visited their shop and bought from them they seemed friendly enough though? Maybe it's just unfortnate that they seem to forget the regular guys?

May want to give Expedition Exchange a try their pretty close to Rover Accesories, if not try British Pacific. I've never had any issues with either of these shops.

Al
Old November 19th, 2004, 06:22 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Thanks. Seems there is a trend there.
When, if I got them on the phone, they seemed nice and very in the knowledge. Beyond that, Torrence California for me is a 60 - 90 minute haul and when every other vendor I deal with replies quickly, well... frustration for me, lost business for them.
Before I posted the question on D-90 source, I sent RA an email complaining about the failure to follow up. I'll let y'all know if I ever hear from them.
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:53 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Just to close this out...

February 2005 and they never called back.
They lost business on :
1. full roof rack
2. undercarriage protection
3. Other cool stuff I have have seen in the shop.

Everyone has told me really nice guys (and I agree as the phone call was great) but I guess my small (I had $1500 to spend) wasof no interest.
Old February 24th, 2005, 02:41 PM
javelinadave
-
-

British Pacific. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. See if they can get what you are looking for!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac