Vegas Oufitter - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 16th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Vegas Oufitter

This is seriously off-topic, but I know some of you live out there. My wife and I are heading to zion and bryce in a couple of weeks and I need to rent camping gear, we're flying in and out of Vegas. There's no way to easily fly all of our gear out for 4 days. REI is apparently now in Henderson, but they don't rent stoves, coolers, etc. Anyone know of a full-service outfitter somewhere in the area? I've used a strange gold miners supply/surplus store on the north side before, but there gear is limited in selection and I'm never sure anything is either clean or will work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 16th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

Someone say REI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrooks
"... REI is apparently now in Henderson, but they don't rent stoves, coolers, etc...Any suggestions?"
Umm, actually...
REI rentals

It would be a good idea to call the store to confirm, but most REI's rent camping gear.

Have fun!

Art Vigil
Part - time REI employee since 2003 (my REAL job where I can unwind from a long boring day as a project manager)
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Old March 16th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Thanks, saw that they rent there, but the last time I rented gear from an REI (Alburqueque) they managed to mismatch the tent poles to the tent, resulting in a week in a tent that looked like an orb and had the floorspace of your average yogurt carton. My buddy and I spent the week camping in a tent that made us feel like the honeymooners with a 12' ceiling. Figured this out when I was in Monticello, Utah and could do nothing about it, hence my reluctance to hit an REI for rentals. My buddy and I no longer camp together.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
gas