V8 or Tdi? - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 30th, 2015, 12:00 PM
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
Originally Posted by vasily View Post
I'm pretty sure I remember having a hard time keeping up with you on the highway and back roads...
Really? The speedometer was broken so I didn't have the most accurate idea of how fast I was going. I was always good at maintaining momentum, which was the key to keeping it moving at a decent rate. Lose turbo spool on a hill of any kind and you're toast

My other car's a Land Rover
Old December 30th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Brian Morton
1991 Defender 110 "Blanca"
Vote for TDI

After owning 1997 Disco (180K miles) and new LR4 my next purchase will be Diesel for sure. The mileage even on the new truck isn't that great and the older V8 with electronics is a major downer when they get wet. The rear main seal leaking all the time sucks too. 20+ mpg for a fully loaded truck is a plus in my book. Gas in the US will go up again and diesel will be even better deal IMHO.Simple wiring and option to run bio fuel is also a big selling point.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

tdi, v8