URE instead of MAR? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 31st, 2011, 04:04 PM
quick128
Trevor Ross
Series 109 diesel

URE instead of MAR?

I am 100% decided that I will be attending URE rather than MAR this year. Who else has made a similar decision? I realized that I have put all this money into my truck so that I can take it on challenging trails and that's just not happening at MAR. Nothing personel towards ROAV, but I don't think they are trying to appeal to people like me at the present. I will miss getting to see everyone I know that will be at MAR. Maybe if more folks are passing though the area going to URE then we could meet up and caravan down together. So who else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2011, 05:42 PM
pushngo
Randy Williams

I think I will do URE but I will probably do MAR as well
Old August 31st, 2011, 07:34 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

I will be at URE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2011, 09:06 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Ill be there but most likely on the classic. There were only a few defenders there in the spring.
Old August 31st, 2011, 09:53 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I'm planning on doing both. I'll take the defender to URE and maybe the series to the MAR (although I'll either have to leave my trailer or talk someone into towing it down for me)
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:19 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
I'm planning on doing both. I'll take the defender to URE and maybe the series to the MAR (although I'll either have to leave my trailer or talk someone into towing it down for me)

or just head that way now ;-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:52 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Three weeks apart, planning on both. Trevor sorry you weren't able to make the clubs prior events this year @ The Cove or Rausch Creek. Certainly not a case of the club not " trying to appeal to people like me at the present",just locked into Willow Hill for base camp for this years event. The 160 acre parcel that was secured along the river near Scottsville is honeycombed with trails and I'm told there are some steep hill climbs etc ie pretty good elevation changes-I haven't seen it yet but hope to the work weekend of the 11th. Work weekends are open and "running the trails in" is encouraged, come check it out.

Charles may be able tow your trailer planning on taking 2 trucks.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old September 1st, 2011, 08:59 AM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130Tdi View Post
The 160 acre parcel that was secured along the river near Scottsville is honeycombed with trails and I'm told there are some steep hill climbs etc ie pretty good elevation changes-I haven't seen it yet but hope to the work weekend of the 11th.
Is this a different property from Willow Hill? I have heard of a 90-acre property near the mud bog, but not this 160 acres.

Why can't ROAV just put out some simple information or at least respond to people's questions on their own website?

The event is a month away and you would never know it.
Old September 1st, 2011, 09:08 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Galen,
Yes seperate parcel. In addition to Willow Hill there is the 90 acres behind the mudbog which doesn't offer much in the way of elevation changes but has a stream that wanders through the property and the 11th will involve some stuff like stream crossings,log bridge building etc. The 160acre parcel is further from Willow Hill on your side of the James-they clocked it@ 12 miles away. They spent a work weekend in there weekend before last and say you could get lost in there for hours.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old September 1st, 2011, 09:19 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Missing MAR again this year due to scheduling conflict. Wish it were a week later.

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old September 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
I am going to URE
Old September 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
I am going to URE
You say you are going to all kinds of stuff and don't show. You will definately mess up the italian loafers @ Uwharrie-and you have to camp instead of hoteling it....

Dividing Creek Imports

Old September 1st, 2011, 10:50 AM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
Quote:
Galen,
Yes seperate parcel. In addition to Willow Hill there is the 90 acres behind the mudbog which doesn't offer much in the way of elevation changes but has a stream that wanders through the property and the 11th will involve some stuff like stream crossings,log bridge building etc. The 160acre parcel is further from Willow Hill on your side of the James-they clocked it@ 12 miles away. They spent a work weekend in there weekend before last and say you could get lost in there for hours.
12 miles down Bridgeport Rd.? Good to know they got some more land.

With my Series leaking at the rear main seal and my soon to be Disco stock I will come and visit MAR this year but no driving.

EDIT: Wish I could make the work day, but we'll be on vacation in NE.
Old September 1st, 2011, 10:57 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
You say you are going to all kinds of stuff and don't show. You will definately mess up the italian loafers @ Uwharrie-and you have to camp instead of hoteling it....
Doug.. I love you too

I have my awesome less than a minute tent , works awesome until some asshole at 6 am puts down the legs and you wake up with the ten on you .... it is a Hammersley pain in the ass when that happen *LOL*

Don't be hater about my shoes .. making post it notes ..Get a pair of off road shoes... get a pair of off road shoes....
Old September 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Doug.. I love you too

I have my awesome less than a minute tent , works awesome until some asshole at 6 am puts down the legs and you wake up with the ten on you .... it is a Hammersley pain in the ass when that happen *LOL*

Don't be hater about my shoes .. making post it notes ..Get a pair of off road shoes... get a pair of off road shoes....

lol-see you Saturday

Dividing Creek Imports

Old September 1st, 2011, 11:08 AM
quick128
Trevor Ross
Series 109 diesel

Quote:
Three weeks apart, planning on both. Trevor sorry you weren't able to make the clubs prior events this year @ The Cove or Rausch Creek. Certainly not a case of the club not " trying to appeal to people like me at the present",just locked into Willow Hill for base camp for this years event. The 160 acre parcel that was secured along the river near Scottsville is honeycombed with trails and I'm told there are some steep hill climbs etc ie pretty good elevation changes-I haven't seen it yet but hope to the work weekend of the 11th. Work weekends are open and "running the trails in" is encouraged, come check it out.

Charles may be able tow your trailer planning on taking 2 trucks.
I also wish I could have attended the other events, but with my work schedule I get one satuday and two sundays off a month, with no back to back sat. or sun., so I reserve my time off for when I really need it such as my wife and I's annual summer vacation and MAR. MAR being the annual big event I would expect it to have something for everyone and prior to you mentioning this additional property in your post I had not heard anything about it. This kind of thing should have been figured out and known to the members 6 or more months ago. Waiting until 30 days out makes it difficult to plan. I have already been approved for days off for URE so that is what I will be doing.
Old September 1st, 2011, 11:13 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick128 View Post
I also wish I could have attended the other events, but with my work schedule I get one satuday and two sundays off a month, with no back to back sat. or sun., so I reserve my time off for when I really need it such as my wife and I's annual summer vacation and MAR. MAR being the annual big event I would expect it to have something for everyone and prior to you mentioning this additional property in your post I had not heard anything about it. This kind of thing should have been figured out and known to the members 6 or more months ago. Waiting until 30 days out makes it difficult to plan. I have already been approved for days off for URE so that is what I will be doing.
Trevor you working this afternoon/ evening ?
Trey has his learners and we will be traveling through on the way to the farm-be cool if you could pull him over and stress him out the way you did me.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old September 1st, 2011, 11:17 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Since I can't make MAR due to a schedule conflict I plan on doing URE. I'd like to bring both trucks....

Semper Fi!
Old September 1st, 2011, 11:33 AM
quick128
Trevor Ross
Series 109 diesel

Quote:
Trevor you working this afternoon/ evening ?
Trey has his learners and we will be traveling through on the way to the farm-be cool if you could pull him over and stress him out the way you did me.
Yes, i'll be out till 2300. If you come by the mall on Rt. 29 after 1630 then stop by the shopping center across the road from it. I'm working some overtime at the J. Crew warehouse.
Old September 1st, 2011, 11:38 AM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Quote:
Trevor sorry you weren't able to make the clubs prior events this year @ The Cove or Rausch Creek. Certainly not a case of the club not " trying to appeal to people like me at the present"
This is bullshit, Doug, and you know it. ROAV is such a clusterfuck with it's current "leaders", none of the members know what to think. Shit, 98% of the members have no clue as to what's even going on within ROAV.

The Cove event you speak of was announced less than 3-weeks in advance. You guys drag your feet and wait until the very last minute to let the members know what you're doing and then wonder why people like Trevor don't show up. It's a clusterfuck. The Cove event you guys did was a flop, and 90% of the reason it was a flop was because y'all can't get along long enough to make shit happen. The planning for the Cove was piss-poor. That's not Trevor's problem, that's your problem.

It's the same lame story with the Rausch Creek event ROAV did. How far in advance did the members have to plan for this event? 3-weeks? Are you seriously surprised that no one showed up? Really??

The only thing ROAV has done this year is waste money. You lost money on the ABM, Spring Rally, and the Summer Rally - and all indications are ROAV will loose money on MAR. ROAV's financials are still in disarray. You guys can't manage a dollar to save your ass. But you're going to blame someone like Trevor for not coming to one of your half-assed planned events for the clusterfuck you created. Unreal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat