Ugly eBay paypal issue - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 18th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Ugly eBay paypal issue

I don't look at paypal too often, but after marking a purchase noted three incoming payments from people I have no idea who they are.
All three connected to one person with a seemingly legit eBay operation.
Seems comcast reissued an old email address I had to the seller. Since that account is still remembered by paypal (who knows why) I got the cash not the seller.

Welcome suggestions on resolution. I don't want to take others money it's just wrong.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 18th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Just report it to the internet police and wait the required amount of time......

I can assure you most people at paypal are zero help whatsoever. For the past year and a half I've been getting all the info from this random person named Maxine Lechilitner's Paypal account, which apparently uses ZGriswold@Gmail.com as the account email address. Why on earth they'd ever have that email, with that name, is beyond me.

I called paypal 3 times before giving up on them.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:10 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Here you go:
1 (888) 221-1161
PayPal, Customer service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 18th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
first of all, make sure it's not one of those scams that will request your personal information.
there are a lot of fake emails masquerading as Paypal. I assume you're looking at your Paypal account from your computer and not through any link sent in an email.

Second, I'm sure Paypal will take care of it as soon as you notify them.

Third, be thankful you're on the receiving end of the mistake instead of wishing you had the funds.

Fourth, kudos to you for your honesty! You're a Good Man despite what Creed Evans says about you
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:14 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

And other say also..
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:30 PM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Steve:
As Dave suggests contact customer service, but check a few things before you call.
Verify that funds have actually gone in your paypal account if you haven't already and that you are not relying on an email spoof that is falsely informing you that a payment went to your account.
If it is a spoof, paypal staff will know how to deal with it.

If in fact you received someone else's payments, a paypal rep will be able to take the money back or have you transfer it to the rightful owner.
Then they will advise the other party and you if needed as how to reconfigure the account(s) so payments end up where they belong.

Hope this helps and asking for advice and acknowledging the money is not rightfully yours is the correct path to take... shows you are an individual with sound integrity.
Really the only way to roll!

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old December 20th, 2014, 06:26 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
Just report it to the internet police and wait the required amount of time......

I can assure you most people at paypal are zero help whatsoever. For the past year and a half I've been getting all the info from this random person named Maxine Lechilitner's Paypal account, which apparently uses ZGriswold@Gmail.com as the account email address. Why on earth they'd ever have that email, with that name, is beyond me.

I called paypal 3 times before giving up on them.
One day I was sitting at my desk and a new email popped up from paypal, the usual notice saying my debit card had been used (happens several times a day) but for some reason I decided to open the email. It was several hundred dollars of kids soccer uniforms someone had bought. I picked up the phone, and while looking up the number for Paypal, BOOM another email, another charge. More soccer shit. Called and while on hold (only a couple minutes) a THIRD email- now they had charged over $1200 of kids soccer shit to my card. Paypal person on the other end locked down the card number right away and mailed me a replacement, then they cancelled the charges and all the money was placed back in my account. Aside from waiting a couple days for the new card in the mail, the whole process took less than 30 minutes.

I should also say that I have two corporate PayPal accounts and generate a lot of fees for them so they *may* be more willing to handle my issues quickly, especially these days now that alternative services are starting up left and right.
Old December 20th, 2014, 06:49 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

If Comcast reissued your old email address, it stands to reason the person the money was intended for now holds that email. You could email that address and ask them to confirm the transactions.
Old December 20th, 2014, 11:16 PM
giftshopduane
Chris luciano
72 Series 3 88"

I've dealt with paypal's customer service, it was smooth and easy. Give them a ring.
Old December 21st, 2014, 04:37 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Will do.
And will let you know how it goes.
I knew you guys with all your experience would know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ebay