Truck-Lite 27270C 7" LED Headlights - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old July 17th, 2015, 07:52 PM
ATX_D110's Avatar
ATX_D110
Status: Offline
Victor
1985 RHD D110 (SOLD)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Austin, Texas USA
Posts: 838
Truck-Lite 27270C 7" LED Headlights

Wanting to upgrade to these Truck-Lite LED Headlights on an ROW 90. Can someone advise if I need the wiring adaptor for H13 connector? Also what about the anti-flicker module? Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old July 17th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Red90's Avatar
Red90
Status: Online
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 9,225
Registry
They should have an H4 connector standard, which is what is on a Defender. You don't need an anti-flicker module. That is for late model Jeeps.
__________________
Pissing people off on the "net" since 1983.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 17th, 2015, 08:28 PM
ATX_D110's Avatar
ATX_D110
Status: Offline
Victor
1985 RHD D110 (SOLD)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Austin, Texas USA
Posts: 838
Thanks, John. Looks like the connector off the light is H4...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old July 17th, 2015, 08:59 PM
mlorman's Avatar
mlorman
Status: Offline
Mark Lorman
95 ST #2782
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 562
Some of them say "phase 7". What is that? Newer than gen 2?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 17th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Jbullis's Avatar
Jbullis
Status: Offline
Jason Bullis
1994 NAS 90 #1810, 2006 LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jonesborough, TN
Posts: 445
Registry
I've been running a set on a 110 for 2 years and love them. Getting ready to get a set for the 90. They make a huge difference!, worth the upgrade...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 21st, 2015, 08:18 PM
Johnnyi
Status: Offline
Johnny iuzzini
97 D90 LE #121
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brooklyn,ny,usa
Posts: 10
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_D110 View Post
Thanks, John. Looks like the connector off the light is H4...
how did it work out for you? I am thinking of getting them as well. I read a lot of reviews with people complaining of "X" s in the lighting patterns and that the lens crack easily from gravel etc. Were they simple to instal? Didyou need to order any additional wiring or connectors? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 21st, 2015, 08:29 PM
Jbullis's Avatar
Jbullis
Status: Offline
Jason Bullis
1994 NAS 90 #1810, 2006 LR3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jonesborough, TN
Posts: 445
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyi View Post
how did it work out for you? I am thinking of getting them as well. I read a lot of reviews with people complaining of "X" s in the lighting patterns and that the lens crack easily from gravel etc. Were they simple to instal? Didyou need to order any additional wiring or connectors? Thanks
I didn't need any additinonal connectors. It was pretty simple plug and play. No problems with me noticing x's. All I can say, it was like I really turned on the lights after the change. Made tons of difference. I have driven several thousand miles with them, lots of interstate travel and no chips or cracks...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 21st, 2015, 09:22 PM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyi View Post
how did it work out for you? I am thinking of getting them as well. I read a lot of reviews with people complaining of "X" s in the lighting patterns and that the lens crack easily from gravel etc. Were they simple to instal? Didyou need to order any additional wiring or connectors? Thanks
No extras needed. I've run mine for 1000's of miles no issues. Install is so simple even Ronnie managed it ... I did mine under the BQE in about 15mins.

The X's are definitely a feature but to be honest given the lights are about 50x's better than standard it's no big deal.

take a look at my white 90 in this thread to see what they look like.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...hlight=vermont


Do you live in Williamsburg? there is a LE in the hood occasionally.
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 21st, 2015, 09:24 PM
ATX_D110's Avatar
ATX_D110
Status: Offline
Victor
1985 RHD D110 (SOLD)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Austin, Texas USA
Posts: 838
Jonny - Lights on order and should be here tomorrow. Will also be ordering LED Signal Replacement Kit so I'll wait to install all at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyi View Post
how did it work out for you? I am thinking of getting them as well. I read a lot of reviews with people complaining of "X" s in the lighting patterns and that the lens crack easily from gravel etc. Were they simple to instal? Didyou need to order any additional wiring or connectors? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 21st, 2015, 09:25 PM
Johnnyi
Status: Offline
Johnny iuzzini
97 D90 LE #121
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brooklyn,ny,usa
Posts: 10
Registry
i do live in williamsburg- that's my LE. :-)

------ Follow up post added July 21st, 2015 09:27 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_D110 View Post
Jonny - Lights on order and should be here tomorrow. Will also be ordering LED Signal Replacement Kit so I'll wait to install all at once.
ahh cool- everyone seems to say it was a snap- good luck. I already had my turn signals done a while back- I had some nasty electrical issues to deal with so I took that opp to do it then.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 21st, 2015, 09:27 PM
leastonce's Avatar
leastonce
Status: Offline
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,078
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyi View Post
i do live in williamsburg- that's my LE. :-)
Come to Over the 8 on a Thursday; buy us all a beer and we'll explain the complexities of installing the lights ... :-)
__________________
Quote:
Soapy water / KY jelly, etc. is is basically a must. Yes, good idea to remove trim panels - only takes 5 more minutes to do so.
Car Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 21st, 2015, 09:36 PM
boswalt's Avatar
boswalt
Status: Offline
Brian Oswalt
1988 exmod 110
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 270
Registry


I scooped up an older pair for my 110. Haven't run them yet, how do they compare to the newer style?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old July 21st, 2015, 09:57 PM
SMac's Avatar
SMac
Status: Offline
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswalt View Post
I scooped up an older pair for my 110. Haven't run them yet, how do they compare to the newer style?
New style are much brighter. Ive run both...yours in tactical vehicles and the Phase 7s in the 90, and there is quite a difference.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old July 21st, 2015, 10:18 PM
rtgoldenb's Avatar
rtgoldenb
Status: Offline
Tyler
1997 D90 NAS
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Posts: 141
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswalt View Post


I scooped up an older pair for my 110. Haven't run them yet, how do they compare to the newer style?
Did you get these recently? I've been looking for a pair.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old July 21st, 2015, 10:38 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
No extras needed. I've run mine for 1000's of miles no issues. Install is so simple even Ronnie managed it ... I did mine under the BQE in about 15mins.

The X's are definitely a feature but to be honest given the lights are about 50x's better than standard it's no big deal.

take a look at my white 90 in this thread to see what they look like.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...hlight=vermont


Do you live in Williamsburg? there is a LE in the hood occasionally.
You mean this gem? Photo credit: me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lea Stonce.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	125590  
__________________
Quote:
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old July 21st, 2015, 10:44 PM
boswalt's Avatar
boswalt
Status: Offline
Brian Oswalt
1988 exmod 110
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 270
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgoldenb View Post
Did you get these recently? I've been looking for a pair.
No, Craigslist a year or so ago.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Truck-Lite LED's mlorman Wanted 38 February 5th, 2015 09:17 PM
Truck-Lite LED tail lights Hache Defender Technical Discussions 10 September 1st, 2014 12:48 AM
Truck lite LED headlights josh-man For Sale - Parts 18 July 22nd, 2014 09:56 AM
Truck lite led headlights NikosF For Sale - Parts 3 April 3rd, 2013 09:52 PM
Limited Time (Truck-lite) LED Light Special FlaD90 The Vendors Loft 61 February 2nd, 2013 05:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Copyright