Trailer Movement Ltd - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 27th, 2015, 12:00 PM
SFDefender
Tuan Nguyen
None

Trailer Movement Ltd

I am starting the process of purchasing an 110. The seller suggested we use Trailer Movements Ltd as our intermediary. Has anyone heard or have experience using them? If so what should I be aware of or cautious about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2015, 12:06 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDefender View Post
If so what should I be aware of or cautious about?
Be aware that you are likely dealing with a scam and cautious that you may have already given them too much personal information. But without some actual info I don't think anyone can really help you here. You didn't even say whether this is foreign or domestic which would clearly make a difference...
Old October 27th, 2015, 12:32 PM
SFDefender
Tuan Nguyen
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Be aware that you are likely dealing with a scam and cautious that you may have already given them too much personal information. But without some actual info I don't think anyone can really help you here. You didn't even say whether this is foreign or domestic which would clearly make a difference...
It's domestic and out of state. I am in California and they are in Washington State. Apparently, this is an estate sale and the daughter is selling it. I have not provided any information other than my email address and phone number.

What would be the normal protocol? Thanks for everyone help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2015, 12:48 PM
pl626
Peter
1995 Range Rover County SWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
...If its what you want, buy it and drive home. Seattle is a days drive...
Good initiation into the BB or BKB...

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'87 HD FLST w/ '02 Fatboy sheetmetal
'02 Hobie Getaway
Old October 27th, 2015, 12:48 PM
SFDefender
Tuan Nguyen
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Its close enough to fly in and inspect it in person. If its what you want, buy it and drive home. Seattle is a days drive.

-Jeff
What are some of the usually scam out there that I should watch for? I looking to purchase a defender but want to make sure that I am protected.
Old October 27th, 2015, 12:52 PM
pl626
Peter

Registry
Several threads available...VIN swaps are at the top of the list...

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'02 Hobie Getaway
Old October 27th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

There is a company by that name in Liverpool England.

If you are hoping to import a LR do it only with the involvement of our own Uncle Doug.
Old October 27th, 2015, 01:08 PM
SFDefender
Tuan Nguyen
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
There is a company by that name in Liverpool England.

If you are hoping to import a LR do it only with the involvement of our own Uncle Doug.
Thanks. I keep hearing about this wise sage Uncle Doug. As I am new to the forum, I have been reading various post and his name pops up often. I will surely reach out. Thanks everyone!
Old October 27th, 2015, 01:09 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDefender View Post
What are some of the usually scam out there that I should watch for? I looking to purchase a defender but want to make sure that I am protected.
Tuan let me know if you'd like me to put you in touch with my new friend Anne Marie.

"Hi my name is Anne Marie. I am selling this Defender so cheap because it was my father's vehicle, and while he loved it I have no need for it. This will be an estate sale, and because I am so busy I would request that we use a trusted intermediary, Trailer Movements Ltd. Now, for us to proceed any further I'll need your e-mail address, phone number, and full contact details. When we get closer, I'll ask for your social security number, your routing number, your debit card number, and your ATM pin.

My uncle is a Nigerian prince who has laundered millions of dollars using only his e-mail contacts, so you can be assured that your information will be safe with me!

What? You want to come see the vehicle in person? As I said I am a very trustworthy individual, and the vehicle is in storage at Trailer Movement Ltd so it is not available for viewing unfortunately. They do offer a 90 day money back guarantee, so if you do not like the vehicle you will get your thousands of dollars right back to you, you'll just have to send the money to us first of course.

If you are not interested in this Defender, my friend Alice just recently had a child with her soldier husband who is stationed overseas, and she was mentioning the other day that she may have a Dodge Charger available for very cheap as well if you'd be interested in that. She is offering that vehicle with the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program so you'll be fully protected there. She'll just require a small deposit via Western Union to get the paperwork started.

Please let me know if you are still interested, and we can start with your ATM pin when you're ready."
Old October 27th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Tuan,

Reach out via email and we can help you on the Washington end to verify - there should be no intermediary required for a domestic vehicle sale if the seller is legitimate and has rights to the vehicle.

brian@defendersnw.com
Old October 27th, 2015, 01:16 PM
pl626
Peter

Registry
Quote:
"Hi my name is Anne Marie. I am selling this Defender so cheap because it was my father's vehicle, and while he loved it I have no need for it. This will be an estate sale, and because I am so busy I would request that we use a trusted intermediary, Trailer Movements Ltd. Now, for us to proceed any further I'll need your e-mail address, phone number, and full contact details. When we get closer, I'll ask for your social security number, your routing number, your debit card number, and your ATM pin.

My uncle is a Nigerian prince..."
LMFAO

pc

'95 RRC SWB
'95 RRC LWB (Sold)
'06 E350 Sport
'02 Hobie Getaway
Old October 27th, 2015, 01:18 PM
SFDefender
Tuan Nguyen
None

Quote:
Tuan let me know if you'd like me to put you in touch with my new friend Anne Marie.

My uncle is a Nigerian prince who has laundered millions of dollars using only his e-mail contacts, so you can be assured that your information will be safe with me!

What? You want to come see the vehicle in person? As I said I am a very trustworthy individual, and the vehicle is in storage at Trailer Movement Ltd so it is not available for viewing unfortunately. They do offer a 90 day money back guarantee, so if you do not like the vehicle you will get your thousands of dollars right back to you, you'll just have to send the money to us first of course.

If you are not interested in this Defender, my friend Alice just recently had a child with her soldier husband who is stationed overseas, and she was mentioning the other day that she may have a Dodge Charger available for very cheap as well if you'd be interested in that. She is offering that vehicle with the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program so you'll be fully protected there. She'll just require a small deposit via Western Union to get the paperwork started.

Please let me know if you are still interested, and we can start with your ATM pin when you're ready."
Too funny! Thanks!
Old October 27th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Sounds very scammy. Where is that thread about finding a rat in a LR......

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat