Tough Day - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 29th, 2012, 12:08 PM
hunterjah
Jesse Hardin
Past: '97 D90 LE #135

Tough Day

One year ago today, I lost my best friend to a drunk driver. He was on a scooter, the other guy in a Mercedes. It still hurts today to think about that day last year.

My buddy Roy was just a good guy. Always there, always supportive. He was into Land Rovers like me. We both were part of the very first "class" to go through the Land Rover Driving School at the Equinox Resort in Vermont. We had a blast taking a D90 SW through the back country up to Woodstock Resort. We had such good times in my old 97 ST. We went to a wheels event on year and took the top off. Neither of us bothered with suncreen and it was a scorching day in Austin. Boy we both paid for that one!

Anyway, thanks for listening...it helps to write a little. Everyone stay safe for the 4th and if you think you've had too much, call a buddy or a cab. It's not worth trying to drive! You can ruin your life and potentially one or more of those around you!

Previous Rovers:
1997 LR D90 LE - #135
1997 LR D90 ST - #1185 (BRG)
2000 LR Discovery SII (Oxford Blue)
2008 LR LR3 HSE (Alaska White)
2012 LR LR4 Lux (Fuji White)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Thats tough stuff man...sorry to hear about the loss. Stay safe yourself...hopefully there will be fireworks this year!
Old June 29th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Sorry to hear that.

He lives on through you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2012, 02:38 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Sorry to hear that.
Old June 29th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Not to take away from your story but I have a story as well. A year and a half ago, my friends boss was riding a bicycle down PCH when he was hit by a drunk driver. She drove him all the way to the hospital with him stuck in the windshield. He is now a parapalegic. He had just got married to some 40 year old actress, drove a Ferrari, had a successful dental practise in Santa Monica. Now he's pretty much getting screwed by my friend (who is also a dentist working at his office) because my friend knows he can get away with it. So lesson learned. Don't ride anything with less than 4 wheels.

Robert Deniro
Old June 29th, 2012, 03:34 PM
giftshopduane
Chris luciano
72 Series 3 88"

Sorry Jesse... I lost my best friend 7 years ago. I am sure a lot of us have similar stories, it sucks. I think about him every day. Keep your chin up. It's the price we pay for caring for people.
Old June 29th, 2012, 07:39 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Jesse

I am truly sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing some of your memories of him with me. I often think about my friends but not call them often enough.
Old June 29th, 2012, 09:24 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
Not to take away from your story but I have a story as well. A year and a half ago, my friends boss was riding a bicycle down PCH when he was hit by a drunk driver. She drove him all the way to the hospital with him stuck in the windshield. He is now a parapalegic. He had just got married to some 40 year old actress, drove a Ferrari, had a successful dental practise in Santa Monica. Now he's pretty much getting screwed by my friend (who is also a dentist working at his office) because my friend knows he can get away with it. So lesson learned. Don't ride anything with less than 4 wheels.
Are you a Moron? The lesson is don't drink and drive not don't ride bikes and motorcycles.
Old June 29th, 2012, 10:09 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi

Are you a Moron? The lesson is don't drink and drive not don't ride bikes and motorcycles.
Neil has a different perspective to most people.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old June 29th, 2012, 10:16 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi View Post
Yeah, but he was able to turn a friends tribute to his buddy into a story about his friends who marry actresses and drive Ferrari's.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat