Top Gear USA - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:26 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

While not even close to Top Gear UK, I also wasn't expecting it to be. I think the first guest, while a badass as a person (Buzz Aldrin, ) was a bit lackluster for the series premiere. The hosts need a LOT more chemistry too. That is the biggest problem thus far. The content is (close to being) there, the idea is good (because clearly it works in Britain), just needs some finesse. Having said all that, the cinematography was very good and similar to the original show I just wish the camera wasnt quite so wobbly.

I wish them good luck, I will ALWAYS be a bigger fan of the UK version, here's to not sh*tting the bed trying to make it too extreme too quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globallandrovers View Post
Perhaps they need to take a road trip to the Uk and take the piss out of us brits as the BBC team did in the USA a couple of years back!
yeah but its a fact that IROC camaros are exclusively driven by murderers, whats the UK equivalent?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 27th, 2011, 12:41 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Did they seriously do a "best of" for their first year? I mean they were pretty funny/useful at some points this season, but the commentary was barely worthy of repetition, plus it seemed to me like they were "proving American" a significant portion of the models featured this season.

The fact that it's HD is great (but expected) though; why others are not exclusively HD is beyond me at this point.

Tanner Foust is good, but the others are crap (in my opinion).

------ Follow up post added January 27th, 2011 12:50 AM ------

Adam with the Cadillac Coupe Deville was the best episode of the season, IMO. Alaska episode was not bad, either.
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:49 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Did they seriously do a "best of" for their first year? I mean they were pretty funny/useful at some points this season, but the commentary was barely worthy of repetition, plus it seemed to me like they were "proving American" a significant portion of the models featured this season.

The fact that it's HD is great (but expected) though; why others are not exclusively HD is beyond me at this point.

Tanner Foust is good, but the others are crap (in my opinion).

------ Follow up post added January 27th, 2011 12:50 AM ------

Adam with the Cadillac Coupe Deville was the best episode of the season, IMO. Alaska episode was not bad, either.
Tanner is good for the show, Rutledge is necessary, Adam needs to be fired.
The best of I didn't even bother with... Good show as long as its not compared to Top Gear UK

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat