Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 5th, 2014, 06:16 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by revtor View Post
Yes you should sell your truck. It deserves better.
Ouch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 5th, 2014, 08:41 PM
bar11
rob grentz
1994 defender 90

WOW I got way more reponses that I thought this would bring, I know the truck is in need some maybe alot of work to bring it up to some of your standards. I wasn't looking to see how much I can get for it, I was asking from those who have sold thiers weather or not it was extemely missed and then they found themselves looking for another one, Thanks to those who answered this for me. Aslo thanks to everyone for thier sometimes hurtful but honest opinions. I have put it on ebay at a price that would make me prettymuch have to sell it, so I guess I really don't wanna sell it and I think I'll take some of the constuctive criticizm and put it to good work. But if I find someone willing to buy it at a price where I'd be foolish not to sell it's outta here. BTW It's been my daily driver the last month since my wife crashed the volvo, and other than all the flaws you see it still drives great so as for now i guess I'll keep it. Thanks for all the input positive, negative, honest and otherwise..
Old February 5th, 2014, 09:03 PM
revtor
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101stAirborne View Post
Ouch!
well how many more diamond plate patches and earl schieb overspray jobs is the thing gonna get!? there are lots of folks out there who would buy the truck, fix it up right, and enjoy using it.

if you want a plane then sell it. simple. Yes there will be time you'll regret it. if/when you get your plane and enjoy it then you wont look back.
Advertisement

Old February 5th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Rob, not trying to ba a dick here but I'm a little miffed that you are suprised and hurt by the comments you solicited. Having been a member for 3 years with 136 posts you should have expected nothing less from this community. I don't think anyone meant to be hurtful anymore than you meant to be misleading about the condition of your truck. Perhaps if you had posted up detailed pictures and an accurate description of the corrosion the conversation would have gone in a much different direction. As it were, you posted it in the For Sale section with a cut and paste description and announced "BRING IT ON"

So, again, not to be a dick but from the photos that were dug up, it looks like your truck is somewhat in the advanced stages of corrosion and will only decrease in value (NAS not withstanding) unless significant funds are sunk into your truck. Any potential buyer should factor into the price nothing less than a frame off restoration unless you catch someone completely ignorant and unaware to the condition of the truck. When I listed and sold my 90 on this forum THAT was the last thing I wanted to do as I would like to think my reputation is worth more than a few extra bucks.

Cheers,
Raub
Old February 5th, 2014, 10:29 PM
RX6RCROL
Matthew Hedrick
1994 D-90 #646

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar11 View Post
WOW I got way more reponses that I thought this would bring, I know the truck is in need some maybe alot of work to bring it up to some of your standards. I wasn't looking to see how much I can get for it, I was asking from those who have sold thiers weather or not it was extemely missed and then they found themselves looking for another one, Thanks to those who answered this for me. Aslo thanks to everyone for thier sometimes hurtful but honest opinions. I have put it on ebay at a price that would make me prettymuch have to sell it, so I guess I really don't wanna sell it and I think I'll take some of the constuctive criticizm and put it to good work. But if I find someone willing to buy it at a price where I'd be foolish not to sell it's outta here. BTW It's been my daily driver the last month since my wife crashed the volvo, and other than all the flaws you see it still drives great so as for now i guess I'll keep it. Thanks for all the input positive, negative, honest and otherwise..

I had to sell mine, then miss it for 6 years, then buy it back...in order to truly appreciate it. Search the forum for #646...might save you some trouble.
Old February 6th, 2014, 10:52 AM
bar11
rob grentz
1994 defender 90

I'm thankful for the honesty in this forum, and by no means do i think anyone was being puprosefully mean, insulting or 'dickish'. I know what I have isn't great and I might have been a bit misleading, so for now like I said I'll be keeping it and probably fixing it per the suggestions you guys made or "just keep diamond plating things and Earl sheib painting" it till it dies, LOL Anyone know of a good rover place here in western PA?? I hope you guys will still help me out when I need mechanical advice or otherwise. Thanks
Old February 6th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Keep it. driveit, love it!
Old February 6th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar11 View Post
I'm thankful for the honesty in this forum, and by no means do i think anyone was being puprosefully mean, insulting or 'dickish'. I know what I have isn't great and I might have been a bit misleading, so for now like I said I'll be keeping it and probably fixing it per the suggestions you guys made or "just keep diamond plating things and Earl sheib painting" it till it dies, LOL Anyone know of a good rover place here in western PA?? I hope you guys will still help me out when I need mechanical advice or otherwise. Thanks

You have a great one in Cleveland Trailhead4x4

or 2 hours east, you have Uk Motors and British4x4 ( roverlab )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat