then it's off to Fort Lewis.
Reach out when you get up this way...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2013, 02:18 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

So I've decided to buy the truck remotely instead of going to the UK. Taking the trip would have been fun but the outcome would have probably been the same and now I'll have $4,000 more to put into the truck if need be.

Now I need to locate a brand new crate 300 Tdi in the UK. There has to be one somewhere. I'm thinking that Turner might be able to supply the motor and perhaps someone like M&D could supply the ancilliaries.

------ Follow up post added March 11th, 2013 11:19 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybluett View Post
Reach out when you get up this way...
Will do. I see that you are in Gig Harbor. How's the living up there? Is it a long commute to the Fort Lewis area?
Old March 12th, 2013, 10:58 AM
triple9music
Chad Davis
1984 Defender 90

Registry
Don't know how much the Tithonus is in the uk, but I know mark staff of Himalaya 4x4 has one for sale i think and its already in the states. I saw it a couple of weeks ago and wow, solo clean! In amazing condition. Just wanted to let you know. Lemme know if you need his number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2013, 11:28 AM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple9music View Post
Don't know how much the Tithonus is in the uk, but I know mark staff of Himalaya 4x4 has one for sale i think and its already in the states. I saw it a couple of weeks ago and wow, solo clean! In amazing condition. Just wanted to let you know. Lemme know if you need his number.
I saw one of them listed on ebay a few weeks back. It didn't hit reserve if I remember correctly. Pictures looked very clean. Can't find that ebay link but look at this over the top video they did featuring those two Tithonus trucks

Old March 12th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
Will do. I see that you are in Gig Harbor. How's the living up there? Is it a long commute to the Fort Lewis area?
Actually not a bad commute, there are a few who do it. No where I'd like to live off-base that is really close to McChord or Ft Lewis, or whatever they call the combined base now...

Lacey has a few nice pockets, as does Olympia or Dash/Browns Point. Personally I like the "small town" atmosphere in the Harbor, and with the second bridge connecting to Tacoma the drive is not a traffic terror any more.
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Michael110
Michael Dickin
1986 110 Tithonus - Now Sadly Sold

Registry
Most of the Tithonus 110's I've seen look very clean. It's amazing what a fresh coat of Nato OD Green will cover up. A couple of years back I got a sneaky after hours tour of Hobson Industries workshops in the UK where they refurbish Wolf Land Rovers for the MOD. It was summed up then by a Army supply officer (somewhat tongue in cheek) as; "you buy it off the MOD for 1000, paint it green and sell it back to us for 5000". I was impressed by that Himayla4x4 vid when I first saw it, hell it even makes a 2.5na 110 look somewhat quick!
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

That Himalaya truck is a nice specimen but too spendy for me. I'm going to bring my own Tithonus over, direct from Witham.
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Chris, I have a P&P/SD 110 soft top cage that fit under a standard top. It was built by P&P looks exactly like the SD cage and sent to Justin at Lucky8. Just had tabs built to accommodate shoulder belts and had it powder coated here in the US after it arrived. It is new and never installed and in my garage. Long story on how it got to me. Happy to share over the phone as I can't type all this from my phone.

Let me know if you have any interest.

Clay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4222350078.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	467.7 KB
ID:	67931   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3272938771.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	556.5 KB
ID:	67932  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:10 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Clay, that's very interesting. I need to get the truck here and figure out how it's put together and then I can make a decision on a cage.
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:16 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Ha! Come on where's the excitement in that? Just kidding. I didn't catch that you were still waiting on delivery. Has it left yet? I have a 110 arriving this week but bracing for a 40 day waiting game.

Clay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:43 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Not yet. I'm in the middle of the truck purchase right now. After that comes the motor...

Chris
Old March 12th, 2013, 03:55 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
Quote:
Not yet. I'm in the middle of the truck purchase right now. After that comes the motor...

Chris
If you're picking up a 200tdi, make sure you also get a gearbox and transfer case to go with it.

Are you going to ship a container, or are you going to send the parts over separately?
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:12 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

When you guys got your trucks, did they have a VIN number?
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:27 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
It's on the data plate that appears on the brake pedal tower and also on the left side of the seat box. The data plate will show the VIN and military registration number, type of vehicle, etc.
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Michael110
Michael Dickin

Registry
Quote:
When you guys got your trucks, did they have a VIN number?
Yup. Should be in more than one place too. Should be on the chassis, the VIN plate on the seat box and on the plate on the brake cylinder box on under the bonnet (hood)
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:39 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Thanks, guys. I was on the phone with the county tax office in Texas, trying to figure out what I would need to register the vehicle. A foreign vehicle with no US title was very confusing for the woman I spoke with. I think I'll be able to get the titling and registration done but it's going to be an adventure.
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Michael110
Michael Dickin

Registry
Quote:
Thanks, guys. I was on the phone with the county tax office in Texas, trying to figure out what I would need to register the vehicle. A foreign vehicle with no US title was very confusing for the woman I spoke with. I think I'll be able to get the titling and registration done but it's going to be an adventure.

Good luck Chris, it took me a month to get mine done in Maryland, it confused the MVA here too. Eventually after had managed to get the email of the lady who was in charge of the grey market office and was able to explain in full the situation to them they eventually conceded that they couldn't find any reason why they couldn't title it in my name, so gave me a title, but I had to provide them with all my import documents, and a photograph of the VIN plate on the seat box, as well as sign a disclaimer to remove any liability from the MVA if in the future it was found that I didn't legally own it. Let me know if you need any advise or help.
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:05 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
If any of you exmod guys are interested in learning the service history of your truck, send me a PM with your email address and I can send you a copy of the report that FMV did on my 110. The guy that did it, Geoff Fletcher, somehow found a period photo of my truck taken 26 years ago back when it was in military service.
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:49 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatblanket View Post
If any of you exmod guys are interested in learning the service history of your truck, send me a PM with your email address and I can send you a copy of the report that FMV did on my 110. The guy that did it, Geoff Fletcher, somehow found a period photo of my truck taken 26 years ago back when it was in military service.
I'd love that. E-mail is my first name period last name at gmail.
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:55 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
File size is 41.4 mb. Had one to Mike bounce due to size and I'm trying yours now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
tithonus