Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 28th, 2004, 07:16 PM
scoloco
Scott
'94 D90 ST

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Hippert
I have the 35" MTRs they are a little noisy but the ride is great compared to most interco tires on road.
What rims do you have? How wide and what offset?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 29th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I have the American racing rims, I think they are 16x8 but I don't know the offset. They came with it when I bought it.
Old February 29th, 2004, 10:15 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
that was funny
Advertisement

Old March 1st, 2004, 04:00 PM
ronward
Redsrover
None - sadly

Yousef,

My daughter's Peg Perigo FJ (LR) Goucho is a pretty stout piece of kid gear. She's had it about 3 years now and we are still on the original battery! We charge it overnight when she runs flat and power back up. Other than losing all the tools in the little tool box, and most of the rubber low tension leads in the engine compartment I have no complaints. The switch under the accelerater pedal died last summer, but I was able to find the parts list with the instructions and ordered a replacement.

I think every kid in the neighborhood has learned to drive it this thing!
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:16 PM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's

so, sorry if this is steerig the discussion in a different direction, but what's the widest tire that you can go with on a 7" wide wheel? Not that I am necessarily looking for the WIDEST tire I can get my hands on, I just want to get a figure for reference. For example, the 35x12.5x15 BFG MT's say that they need a 8.5" rim or wider, but many people put them on 8" rims. What's a similar situation with the 7" wheels? Judging from the above, 11.5" tires on a 7" rim should have about the same bulge as a 12.5" tire on an 8" rim, right?
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I have seen 12.5's on 7" rims with not much problem. I think a tire 2" wider then the rims works out good to, I think it works out well when airing down and keeping the tire on the bead.
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:48 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I am running the 35x12.5x15 MTR's on a 15x8 trek outfitters rim. Thy have 4" backspacing. I highly recomend the tire. They are very quiet and I don't hear them at all with the TDI clacking away...... THe 35 fits great with a 3" lift too. I think a 2" lift would be better with the 33's though. Like Mike said, the higher the better. If I didn't have to trim metal, I would go with 37's. Also, I would get away from the stock alloy wheel if you are going to wheel the truck. You don't want to bash the shit out of them. Steel wheels are only about $55 each.
Old August 9th, 2005, 06:27 PM
xmod
Jeremy/Sturgeon
97 NAS D90 ST

Art,
What vehicles were you using those tires you listed? If any were Defenders, did you have a lift to run the 285's? Were you running 255's on a Defender?
Thx,
jeremy
Old August 9th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

MTR is a good road tire. Ask SG if they have the size you are after. They have a lot of MT/R's for sale. The 7in factory rim will work fine, you will just wear the crown of the tire faster. 33's are the biggest you can go without any trimming.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
tire, tires