Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 10th, 2007, 11:42 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
I have no clue, I only owned one for 5 years.

Follow-up Post:

Not to mention they are the only car I have ever heard of that needs all new rotors on the first brake job$$$. And how about those energy coils.
cough *BMW* cough...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 10th, 2007, 07:42 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirbo
T-o-y-o-t-a..
I just unloaded a Jetta. Traded it for a FZJ 80 and I'm feelin' golden.

It was my first and only VW, for my daughter, and I don't want another one.
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:21 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I have an 06 BMW 330i... ITs the best car I ever owned..

Right now on the top of my list is the GX470 but my wallet screams... The sales manager told me that at the end of Nov-early Dec would be a good time to get the best price or lease..

Still have to check out Toyota though.
Advertisement

Old September 10th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90
try buying wiper blades or spark plugs for one.
Wiper blades at any parts store.

What are these spark plug things you talk of ??? Compression ignition engines are the only engines worth having......

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Not to mention they are the only car I have ever heard of that needs all new rotors on the first brake job$$$. And how about those energy coils.
You need to get out more..... Basically all cars made these days use disposable rotors.

I'm at 130000 km and the pads are not past 50%.

The point is parts prices are in line with any other car manufacturer. If you believe otherwise, you are getting screwed royally on the cost of your parts. Do you shop at Rovers North for your Rover parts???
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90
Wiper blades at any parts store.

What are these spark plug things you talk of ??? Compression ignition engines are the only engines worth having......

Follow-up Post:

You need to get out more..... Basically all cars made these days use disposable rotors.

I'm at 130000 km and the pads are not past 50%.

The point is parts prices are in line with any other car manufacturer. If you believe otherwise, you are getting screwed royally on the cost of your parts. Do you shop at Rovers North for your Rover parts???
Your dead wrong. No two ways about it. As evidenced by most of the posts above. Sorry. They are rediculous to own. Unless you own a 1980 rabbit, or some other old POS VW, in which case you don't matter to this conversation as VW only started to suck hard recently (last 10 years or so).

Edit: Oh yeah, wiper blades for a Passat are $80 and are not available at any parts store.

Edit II: Really, all cars are made with rotors that you have to replace on the first brake job? Huh, thats really odd. Someone should tell that to my Altima, which is now rolling on 200,000 miles on the original rotors. Turned of course.

And I hardly ever need any Rover parts, there arn't that many left on my truck When I do, I only buy from George.

Follow-up Post:

Follow up: Sorry if I came off harsh, you seem like a cool guy. It's just that these cars suck so hard. I danced in the front yard when I conned, err, sold my wifes 02 passat. I wouldn't wish one of these on anyone. Besides, lets be honest, they are straight up chick cars. No guy should ever own one. And yes, the parts are way more expensive.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:48 PM
AdvenJack
Jack
FOR SALE: Timm Cooper Series III

Randy, My co-worker who has one hates it. It's troublesome and a general headache.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht