Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 16th, 2011, 06:33 PM
BEIS
RYAN BEIS
D110 Soft Top with full rollcage

Registry
Thinking about selling my BR110

Bottom Line Up Front: I will not part this truck out, so please do not ask.

Guys,

I'm thinking about selling my BR110. It was originally an '83 D110 imported from Spain, then had a complete frame off overhaul/restoration by Safri Rover in Orlando in 2009. I don't drive it as much as I'd like and it sits in my garage all of the time. The quality is absolutely outstanding. Some of the upgrades:

Galvanized Frame
Bulkhead replaced (right hand to left hand drive)
Automatic Transmission ('97 D90 center console)
Rhino-Lined throughout
External Roll Cage
Bikini Top
D90 Rear Bumper
Rear Tire Carrier with Brake Light
NAS D90 Steering wheel
Upgraded LED Lights all around
Rear Light guards
Stainless Side Steps
Stainless hood protection
PIAA Lamps on Brushguard (with grill guards)
Hood Rack with netting (from the British Army)
ARB Brushguard and 12k winch
High Lift Jack
Snorkel
Rear reverse light
Rear Work light
Rear Jump Seats
Beluga Black Paint Job
New brakes
Half doors (front and rear)
Rear cage netting
Deep Dish wheels
Wheel spacers (to fit more aggressive tires)
Fender well shrouds

Specs: has 80k miles, original engine, runs very strong

This truck was meant to be kept forever, but am going another direction now. If anyone has interest, please let me know. It might be going up on Ebay soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4749.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	44833   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4751.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	44834  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4750.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	44835   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4755.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	44836  

Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (802.2 KB, 40 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2011, 06:50 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Engine?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 16th, 2011, 07:17 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
What price? Have a friend interested in this, and I've always loves it.

Gmail: Joshua.oneill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Isn't BR a registered trademark of Mike's?

Robert Deniro
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley
Isn't BR a registered trademark of Mike's?
I doubt it, trademarking and copyrighting is so damn expensive for small business owners.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
I doubt it, trademarking and copyrighting is so damn expensive for small business owners.
I have used legalzoom a few times to trademark things. It's actually pretty reasonable.

This is a nice looking 110
Old December 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
i always loved that truck!! best of luck.
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:26 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

Think there was a write up by the guy that was working at Safari on some car forum.
Old December 17th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication

Yeah, it's the patents that I meant. I've tried to patent some of my fab stuff, but it's too expensive.

Semper Fi!
Old December 17th, 2011, 01:20 PM
FlaD90
Tom
1994 ST D90
D-90 Source Vendor

I too have been a Big fan of this build, a fantastic looking truck Ryan.
I think we all say at one point or another.. THIS WILL BE MY LAST TRUCK EVER!!!..

All the best with the sale Ryan.
Old December 17th, 2011, 04:05 PM
BEIS
RYAN BEIS
D110 Soft Top with full rollcage

Registry
Guys, WOW; this has generated a ton of emails over the past 12 hours. Thank you all for your questions, comments, and kind words. It is sad that I will once again be departing from the D-90/110 community, but trust me, I'll be back in a couple years. My commitment in the Army is drawing to a close, and I’m looking forward to making the transition from military life to civilian. You guys have been awesome throughout the years, from my time when I owned a AA-Yellow D-90 to this D110. I’ve had the chance to hang with Jim over R&R from Iraq, and had the chance to contact Stephen at Safari Rover for this project. Many others know this truck through and through, and it has been a joy to own. Nothing is wrong with this truck, and it has been garage kept ever since I owned it. So with that, to answer a few questions:

Engine: 3.5L V8

Truck originated from Spain was imported and originally converted to a soft top by D-90 member MountainViewRover (Mark). Truck was originally red. This truck was then sold to D-90 member Dilks and then I bought the truck from him. I bought the truck for $20k from Dilks, not Mark.

A link when Mark converted it: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...eferrerid=4305

A link when Mark sold it to Dilks: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=15353

After buying the truck from Dilks, it went straight to D-90 member SafariRover (name at that time), Stephen, to get the frame off restoration. It spent approximately 7 months in the shop getting upgrades and replacing the frame. Seeing that I was in Iraq at the time and couldn’t use the truck, it was a perfect situation for me. When I came home from my Iraq deployment, everything was done top-notch and was my coming home present to myself…at a $55k price tag. But to me, it was worth it in every way and Stephen definitely did it right. I recommend him to anyone that wants to have Defender work done. He is an honest, trustworthy, and great guy, with a ton of Defender knowledge. Through this restoration, I gained not only an awesome truck, but a good friend.

A link when Stephen restored/upgraded it: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...eferrerid=4305

After getting the truck, I then moved back out to Austin, TX, where I attended several TX Rover club meetings, but was never able to attend offroading events due to my military schedule. Then, I got orders for Afghanistan. This took me away from the truck for another year, and I stored the truck in a garage; and had a buddy take care of it while I was away. After coming home from Afghanistan, I purchased a 2004 Hummer H1, and have been using that as my daily driver. I was then given orders to PCS to El Paso. I live in El Paso at this time, and the truck was trailer’ed by me from Austin to El Paso (trust me: I got thumbs up and stares the entire road trip with a Hummer H1 hauling a D110 across TX)…truly a sight to see. Anyways, as soon as I got to El Paso, I garaged the truck. It has been in a storage garage for the past 3 months since I’ve been here.

I will be departing the Army in about a year, to dive into the corporate world. Also, I plan on getting engaged soon and to me having the truck of my dreams in a storage garage 20 minutes away from me just doesn’t make sense. Would rather the truck go to a D-90.com member than anyone else, so they can fully appreciate the truck, as it has been cared for and loved by so many.

Bottom line price that I’m looking for is what I’ve put into it: $55k + $20k - $75k.

I go on Christmas leave to spend time with my family on Monday, so additional pictures and potential meet-ups will not be able to happen until after January 4th. At that time, I will be back in El Paso.

Interior is self explanatory. Cloth seats, ’97 D90 center console. ZF auto transmission. Dash is from a ’97 D90, second row D110 bench (cloth), and rear jump seats. Also, has custom made side compartments in the rear tub for tools, gear, or beer. Everything is operational, the only recommendation would be to replace the tires in the near future or get them re-sealed, as the left rear tire loses air every now and then.

Truck is titled in FL as an ’83 Land Rover Defender, registered in FL, and insured for what I’ve put into it: $75k by USAA.

I will try and add more pictures throughout the day as I come across them. I will also attempt to answer your emails throughout the day. (Josh: I found out where my emails are going to haha) I will check this link, PMs, and emails throughout the next few weeks as I am out of town to answer questions.

Thanks for everyone’s interest, and to tell you the truth, I’m in no rush to quickly sell this truck. So, please no low ball offers or additional requests to part the truck out. Thanks guys! You guys rock!!

------ Follow up post added December 17th, 2011 06:14 PM ------

Please see this link for the updated pictures: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...eferrerid=4305

I will be posting to this link from now on. Thanks guys!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags

« HVLP guns | Help »