Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 4th, 2014, 06:11 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerdefender View Post
I am looking for one that can be used as my daily driver and 30mile commute...
Quote:
...do want some of the creature comforts...
Quote:
...the good gas mileage reason that I can tell my wife...
Quote:
...I don't have time to put in the countless hours of work on it
Quote:
I am willing to buy a cheaper one and do some more minor work to it
https://screen.yahoo.com/bad-idea-jeans-000000942.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 4th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Soonerdefender
Jason
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Here is a turn-key daily driver NAS 90 that anybody would be proud of and is way within your budget:
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...404#post562404
Thanks it looks nice but I am set on finding a 110 due to having 2 kids, 4 dogs etc.
Old September 4th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Soonerdefender
Jason
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
Haha! No kidding. Bad ideas are more fun though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 4th, 2014, 07:20 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

Feel free to pm/call me about a defender vs jeep vs lr3 vs rr vs land cruisers
I've owned them all..
Hint.. I'm buying another LC

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old September 4th, 2014, 07:32 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Quote:
Haha! No kidding. Bad ideas are more fun though.
This board is full of the abandoned accounts of 90-day wonders who showed up, posted a bunch, bought a Defender, and sold the truck just a few months later.

If you have to ask random people on the Internet if you should buy one of these trucks, you are almost certainly making a bad decision.

/
/
/
/
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Soonerdefender
Jason
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
This board is full of the abandoned accounts of 90-day wonders who showed up, posted a bunch, bought a Defender, and sold the truck just a few months later.

If you have to ask random people on the Internet if you should buy one of these trucks, you are almost certainly making a bad decision.

Thanks for the optimism. I guess on that note I should just curl up in the fetal position and try to forget I ever wanted one. I wasn't asking anyone if I should buy one or not. I was asking about importing one. I've owned a lot of older cars and trucks over the years, some bad decisions, but if I didn't take a leap here and there I would always have just a ford truck or a Prius. It's much more fun to take an educated(hence my question to the board) risk at times.
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:35 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Thanks for the optimism. I guess on that note I should just curl up in the fetal position and try to forget I ever wanted one. I wasn't asking anyone if I should buy one or not. I was asking about importing one. I've owned a lot of older cars and trucks over the years, some bad decisions, but if I didn't take a leap here and there I would always have just a ford truck or a Prius. It's much more fun to take an educated(hence my question to the board) risk at times.
I think we are saying there is a huge gap between the dream and the reality. Add that to a potentially shady overseas transaction and things can go down hill rapidly.

Owning a defender is not for the faint hearted ... I just spent 2 days rebuilding e front suspension on my truck to eliminate a bumb vibration ... Imported all new parts from the UK ... Sweated it out and guess what ... Still the same .... Pour in more money ... But you know what? I really enjoy the experience ... Some people aren't.

All we are doing is offering caution.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:35 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Please excuse us; we see this literally once or twice a month and it's a very common thread around here.

Patience has worn thin for this particular topic
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:46 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Nah... Just a bunch of nasty, catty, bitchy, crotchety old bastards whose wives are not givin em any.. Hennce the piss poor attitude.. Don't mind them..they'll warn up to you in a couple of years... Maybe..
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Soonerdefender
Jason
None

Fair enough. I've gotten some great advice on here and a few good leads. I'm sure there are a ton of people that buy these thinking they are just like buying a new car. I've owned a couple of mid 70's FJ 40's where the top speed is 45mph, so these would be a rolls Royce compared to that. I will take the words of caution though and keep my expectations low, though I still plan to find one. After all, you guys weren't born in a defender and all started out buying your first one at some point.
Old September 4th, 2014, 09:40 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Thanks it looks nice but I am set on finding a 110 due to having 2 kids, 4 dogs etc.
Have it built into a 110. You wouldn't be the first.
Old September 4th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Greenbull
Mark Miller
1994 Defender 90NAS #1258

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
If you like the Army look Urban Cruisers says they are importing a 2 door 110 soon and will mate with a 200tdi. While they have it get them to add AC and any other creature comforts. BAM! You're ready to cruise in the slow lane.
I can reaffirm that Urban Land Rovers does great work. I believe they currently have a 110 available, and they can mod it anyway you like. Thy have worked on my RRC , and are currently adding many additions to my D90.
Old September 4th, 2014, 10:04 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbull View Post
I can reaffirm that Urban Land Rovers does great work. I believe they currently have a 110 available, and they can mod it anyway you like. Thy have worked on my RRC , and are currently adding many additions to my D90.
X2; they are cooking with gasoline down in hotlanta
Old September 4th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Soonerdefender
Jason
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbull View Post
Sounds good. I plan on calling them tomorrow. Thanks.
Old September 4th, 2014, 10:08 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Fair enough. I've gotten some great advice on here and a few good leads. I'm sure there are a ton of people that buy these thinking they are just like buying a new car. I've owned a couple of mid 70's FJ 40's where the top speed is 45mph, so these would be a rolls Royce compared to that. I will take the words of caution though and keep my expectations low, though I still plan to find one. After all, you guys weren't born in a defender and all started out buying your first one at some point.
Technically most of us are old enough to be born in a series truck ... It's just a matter of a I, II or III
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old September 4th, 2014, 10:09 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
Technically most of us are old enough to be born in a series truck ... It's just a matter of a I, II or III
My defender is 6 months my senior...
Old September 4th, 2014, 10:09 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
Series 2A for me.
My Defender is older than my daughter who is a school teacher.
Old September 4th, 2014, 10:10 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=56133

$29,500 leaves a lot of room for them to swap a motor and add AC, plus, you can see it ahead of time!
Old September 4th, 2014, 10:10 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atpick View Post
If you have that kind of budget, google Foley SV, he can build your dream rover, and he does great work from what I saw at his shop
Not if you want to import to the USA......
That's total horseshit!

Foleys can certainly do exactly what you want, ensure it is original spec, and will not be an issue.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old September 4th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
That's total horseshit!

Foleys can certainly do exactly what you want, ensure it is original spec, and will not be an issue.
Take deep breaths Jason....

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
import