The worst place to be arrested.. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 21st, 2015, 12:58 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

The worst place to be arrested..

So in light of some recent events it got me thinking...if someone was to be arrested, as in bench warrant served ...where would you LEAST like to be arrested, now knowing full well that they may have to make multiple attempts to find you would you hate it the most if they showed up at daddy's place of business looking for you, (daddy will be pissed)..or the girlfriends business, or at your brothers house (who has a new baby).. I guess I would hate it the most if they made multiple attempts at all of them... And then after that the subpoenas start...man, that's annoying.... Risk of flight..passport revoked etc etc... Hmmmm....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2015, 01:21 AM
SonnyAK
Sonny
1993 NAS 110

Registry
Sounds like you've given this some serious thought!

I wouldn't mind the arrest so much...but I'd HATE being locked up!! Especially in a foreign prison (Third-world country types) ...That'd REALLY bite!
Old May 21st, 2015, 01:31 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Shayne, are you looking for maximum impact or some slight revenge on a certain cane posing wannabe swaggerman? I'd vote for in front of their father! Shame and disappointment in the eyes of one's father? What could be worse. Well, other than the actual lock up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2015, 06:55 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Shayne, as an Australian, the immigration service would immediately claim dibs on you and take you off to some hell hole full of narco trafficers and hold you until the next plane for Oz arrived. So with that happy thought, for you, its going to be an airport....

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old May 21st, 2015, 08:09 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
North Korea
Old May 21st, 2015, 08:15 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

On Father's Day if he is celebrating with family
Old May 21st, 2015, 08:31 AM
61rover
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II

Registry
As I was looking down the barrel of a .45 at 3:00am in a deserted junkyard, going through our pockets to come up with the money that was being demanded, I was fairly certain that Mexico is the worst place to be arrested.
Old May 21st, 2015, 08:49 AM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyAK View Post
Sounds like you've given this some serious thought!

I wouldn't mind the arrest so much...but I'd HATE being locked up!! Especially in a foreign prison (Third-world country types) ...That'd REALLY bite!
Third-world countries do not exist anymore.... time to do some reading on the term "third-world"..

I think you mean "under-developed" country....
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:00 AM
waveridin1959
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892

Registry
Any country you can not speak the language.

Or Mexico. I would hate to be in prison in Mexico.

If we are speaking of getting arrested in our daily lives, I would think at your Wedding. Or on the show COPS.

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:01 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Hypothetically speaking, during a meeting with a potential client.
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:05 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Oooh, Zack, that's a good one..., and not too hard to arrange..lol...hypothetically speaking..lol..
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:28 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Oooh, Zack, that's a good one..., and not too hard to arrange..lol...hypothetically speaking..lol..
in front of family has a longer lasting impression
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:29 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
In front of your kids, their friends, wife and her friends - some public place....that would suck

To go to jail.....Guyana - I have a great story about that - wasn't me that went, but the guy who attempted to steal my shit was crying his eyes out when the cops came and arrested him. Cops explained why he was crying later....(long story)
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:35 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Yeah, I'm thinking at daddy's business place would be the best...even if daddy isn't there, enough employees seeing it is embarrassing to the tenth degree, starts all sorts of whispers and rumours going as well.. Dissension from within...lol..
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:41 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Not sure what state you are having this done in but in NJ a local off duty guy usually serves the papers. Do you get to hire the guy who serves the notice....
Old May 21st, 2015, 09:47 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
.Guyana - I have a great story about that - wasn't me that went, but the guy who attempted to steal my shit was crying his eyes out when the cops came and arrested him. Cops explained why he was crying later....(long story)
The French prison in Guyana-Devils Island was closed in the 1940's....aka the dry guillotine.
60,000 prisoners sent, only 2000 ever released, the bodies were thrown off a cliff into the sea daily, after sharks were summoned by ringing a chapel bell. The french know how to deter crime.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 21st, 2015, 10:02 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
I was newly married and my in-laws were visiting from Australia. I didn't really know them too well yet. Anyway, I was driving home from work on a Federal parkway outside DC very late at night when another GTI pulls along and wants to race to the next exit. We're getting close to the exit and blow under an overpass and there's a federal park police car sitting there that we couldn't see. Long story short the cop chases me and lets the other car go, arrests me and takes me to jail and my wife has to pick me up the next day. Took years to work that one off.
Old May 21st, 2015, 10:09 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
I was newly married and my in-laws were visiting from Australia. I didn't really know them too well yet. Anyway, I was driving home from work on a Federal parkway outside DC very late at night when another GTI pulls along and wants to race to the next exit. We're getting close to the exit and blow under an overpass and there's a federal park police car sitting there that we couldn't see. Long story short the cop chases me and lets the other car go, arrests me and takes me to jail and my wife has to pick me up the next day. Took years to work that one off.

did you at least win the race?
Old May 21st, 2015, 10:11 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Back in the '80's I would have said.......

http://youtu.be/8Oeb8nhNJOU
Old May 21st, 2015, 10:12 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

In Florida a licensed process server can serve the court papers, and I have someone in mind for that when the time comes...lol...and he can't wait.. But before that happens the criminal side of it happens, that is where he gets arrested for grand larceny and taken to jail, and trust me...it ain't a pleasant place to be, and they maximize the length of your stay because they get paid for every shift change you are there..and you usually get released at some god forsaken time in the early hours of the morning...if your bondsman does his job quickly... And IF whoever is bonding you out gets to them quickly too.. Lots of variables that don't usually all go smoothly..but the baloney sandwiches aren't too bad and you will have plenty of opportunity to trade them...and that whole one phone call nightmare...it seems nobody remembers phone numbers anymore, they are all stored in our phones memory, not ours....but you sometimes DO remember mummy or daddy's number...or someone very close to you... and there is usually a lot going on to watch while you are standing in line waiting to use the phone... Did you know that the local jails have one of the highest concentrations of topical diseases such as MERSA etc... Yuk... Especially here in a tropical location and the amount of unclean homeless in the jail system... Very interesting...this is ALL hypothetically speaking of course..

------ Follow up post added May 21st, 2015 10:14 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
You poor bastard...lol.. That's hilarious.. Federal park guys have incredible powers...suffice to say, don't get caught speeding on the blue ridge parkway on motorcycles...not easy to run from either..lol..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac