I've noticed an interesting trend recently starting on a bunch of non-rover forums I check in on, that the admins are shifting to a new way of handling the ever growing "sticky" threads, by creating one master sticky thread, and then linking to all the old "sticky" threads so people can still get to them quickly, read them and post in them as normal, thus clearing up all the individual "sticky" listings on the main sub-forums page.
I thought it was a pretty good way to reduce the clutter on the sections main thread listings so I'm going to try it here since this section, in particular, has a number of popular threads that are either already "sticky" or once were and keep popping up every so often bit just aren't kept "sticky". When a new post in one of these threads is made and you have not read it yet, the threads will show up just as any other thread with posts you have not read yet, as bold face titles moved to the top of the thread listing on the main page of the Misc Chit-Chat sub-forum. Feel free to post a reply here if you have a thread that you think should be added as a sticky.
Here are the links to the previous sticky threads:
- Hall of Shame: "Land Rovers that Suck - Self explanatory
- Not So Random Picture Thread - Post your favorite picture of your truck for the sites main page.
- What's Legal? Frame swapping, Importing, etc. - A merge of 2 good discussion threads covering the issues of importing, frame swapping, and all that mess. Lots of good links as well as more recent info added towards the end of the thread.
- Big Fat NAS 110 Registry Thread - JimC's list of all the 110's he can get info on. If you have or know of a 110 around you, give him the info in this thread.
- Your Rover Picture - Misc. pictures of forum members trucks.
- D-90's In The Movies - Spot a Defenders in a movie.. Lets the rest of us know.
- Happy Birthday! - (Coming Soon!) We have a lot of well wishes for some of our friends here on the site when its their birthday. So much so, I think we should merge them all into one huge sticky thread and keep the party going.
- Sightings - See an unfamiliar Defender while you were out cruising around? Give a yell here.
- Your Dog Pictures/Stories - Post pictures and stories about our 4-legged pals
- Head Turning D-90 Stories - Have a story relating to your truck, called a Jeep, or had panties thrown at it (again)? Here just the place to let us know.
- Johnathan Tisdale-update - Updates on our friend Tis