The post office at its finest - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 28th, 2013, 03:45 PM
winn442
Winn Bearden

Registry
The post office at its finest

Trying to get some replacement parts for my Dillon 550 press before it's all outlawed...
Hope I don't offend any postal workers that might be on the forum, BUT DAMN!
I only live a little south of Macon.....they sure are putting some miles on my package.....from Macon to Jacksonville to Macon back to Jacksonville then to Tallahassee!!!!!!!!..no wonder a stamp costs so much!

Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 21, 2013
Acceptance, February 22, 2013, 10:33 am, SAINT JOSEPH, MI 49085
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 24, 2013, 12:55 am, MACON, GA 31204
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 25, 2013, 11:19 am, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 27, 2013, 1:44 am, MACON, GA 31204
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 27, 2013, 12:08 pm, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 27, 2013, 10:31 pm, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Always use ups or FedEx for stuff I value!

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
so basically the delivery jeep broke down twice and had to get towed back both times? Damn

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2013, 04:27 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Or your package is in two pieces/places - which you would not believe how many times that has happened to me... then they just send you a bag containing whatever is left.
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:03 PM
winn442
Winn Bearden

Registry
I bought the parts from someone, so I couldn't choose the carrier...

UPS has become extremely expensive, and are now charging a "surcharge" to go to out of the way locations (or what they say is out of the way)....I sent a 1"x 4" 12 dollar marker light housing to my daughter at college for her VW...it cost 19 bucks to ship to a location 3 hours away! She lives 5 miles away from Georgia Southern university, but since she has a Brooklet address instead of a Statesboro one, they charged a surcharge.
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM
roverman2010
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi

Registry
I just had two boxes (the same size & weight) sent from Washington State, the first made it in four days, the other made the same journey till it got to Dallas then went back to Washington State, and started the whole trip back again, and arrived a week later.

Called USPS and all the lady said it was after all sent parcel post, WTF

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 BRG FHC For Sale
Old February 28th, 2013, 05:46 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

No chance of getting fired = they don't care about the customer

Old February 28th, 2013, 05:54 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
UPS has gone through the roof
Old February 28th, 2013, 06:08 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4 View Post
UPS has gone through the roof
As an occasional ebayer, I don't pay published prices. If you have an account call them and bitch. Prices go down a third.
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

I love my local USPS. I know the lady who delivers to the mailbox down on the county road. If she has a box, she'll hide it in the bushes a little ways up the drive. I see the gals in the post office once a week. Know all about them, they know all about me. They don't even bitch when they have to roll out 250-300 lbs of bullets on a cart that ship to me in flat rate boxes.
For that matter, the UPS and FedEx people are great, too. If the UPS guy doesn't think he can make it up the drive in the snow, he'll call me to come down. If I don't answer, he'll chain up and come anyway.
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:48 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward View Post
I love my local USPS. I know the lady who delivers to the mailbox down on the county road. If she has a box, she'll hide it in the bushes a little ways up the drive. I see the gals in the post office once a week. Know all about them, they know all about me. They don't even bitch when they have to roll out 250-300 lbs of bullets on a cart that ship to me in flat rate boxes.
For that matter, the UPS and FedEx people are great, too. If the UPS guy doesn't think he can make it up the drive in the snow, he'll call me to come down. If I don't answer, he'll chain up and come anyway.
I agree. I once bought 50lbs of lead and had it shipped in 2 flat rate boxes (copper plated number 4's) and I went down to the Post Office and said.... Just hold it I will come pick it up. The Postmaster was confused but the Carrier was very thankful.
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:54 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward View Post
They don't even bitch when they have to roll out 250-300 lbs of bullets on a cart that ship to me in flat rate boxes.
Ah, the Berry Bullet shipment. That always puts a smile on my postman's face......Not!
A few years back I bought a pallet (yes, a pallet) of 50 BMG. The seller packed it up in umpteen 70ish pound boxes and UPS'ed them to me. My UPS guy was so cool about it and asked to be included in any future bulk ammo purchases that I might make.
Old February 28th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Howski
Kevin
2002 Land Rover Discovery II

Registry
I've had a bunch of issues just sending/receiving stuff not to mention their awful service. Tracking always says the package has arrived on time only to show up weeks or months later. I've had several things returned to sender when it was labeled with the correct address also. This has happened to me in more than one city too. I ship everything out FedEx and have been really pleased with their customer service and reliability. They're cheaper than UPS too.
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:47 PM
Howski
Kevin
2002 Land Rover Discovery II

Registry
I talked with some people when I was in S Georgia for work today and they said the USPS hub in Albany was closed which is why everything is going to Jacksonville now
Old March 1st, 2013, 05:17 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU_Disco View Post
I talked with some people when I was in S Georgia for work today and they said the USPS hub in Albany was closed which is why everything is going to Jacksonville now
lol. so they made it even less efficient. Government healthcare, anyone?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:17 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I ship as many as 30 packages a day with USPS and rarely have issues... But when we do have a problem, holy shit.
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
winn442
Winn Bearden

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU_Disco View Post

Heard that from a friend whose wife works for USPS....I hate that, I used to drive to the Albany hub to pick up stuff I needed right away instead of waiting the 2 extra days it took them to get it 40 miles north......

He also told me that because of Albany closing, south GA and north FL are completely screwed up, and that their policy is keep it moving regardless, even if it's not going to the right place....tracking says that my package is now shuttling back and forth between Tallahassee and Jacksonville.....

------ Follow up post added March 4th, 2013 10:37 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMac View Post
lol. so they made it even less efficient. Government healthcare, anyone?

Wife is in Healthcare Finance, her email signature says,

"If you think healthcare is expensive now, wait until it's free."
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:45 AM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Yep. We pay out of pocket to stay off Government "Health"Care though obviously we have medical paid for if we choose to.

Funny thing is is that my wife is a PA and works for the Government...and refuses to be seen by her co-workers. lol

Dillons are sweet...I remember their cool catalogue they use to send with the pretty ladies.
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:20 AM
winn442
Winn Bearden

Registry
Love my Dillon, just bought a 2nd one off of ebay that was mising a lot of parts, but I should have enough components laying around to get it going. That way I can leave one dedicated to 10mm and use the other for 223 and 308...I use a Lee Pro 1000 for 9mm and 45LC (crimp the hot 45LC in a separate step on a single stage), Lee Turret for 45-70, and a RCBS single stage for 6.5-06, 30-06, and 338-06.
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:07 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Thats a lot of bench space Winn. Very nice. That 45-70 must be a hoot to shoot. A relative of ours worked for Blount when they owned Speer/RCBS/Redfield/CCI, etc, in Lewiston, Idaho, so all our reloading equipment was RCBS. Used to get Speer bullets for nothing as well...GrandSlam was our favorite until Federal and Barnes started making their bonded stuff. One of these days when I stop moving around, I'll get back into it. If it is still legal, that is.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat