the joys of owning a D-90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 23rd, 2008, 01:29 PM
isleofman
Lee Davis
'95 D90 "BeastLee"

the joys of owning a D-90

Megan (my daughter) and I always ride the horses to and from school each day. Since it was so cold this morning and Megs was not feeling too well - sporting a snotty nose - thought i'd drive her instead. up the hilll we go, Beast-Lee's engine purring loud and proud. i glance at my rear view mirror, seeing nothing but a mammoth bank of gas fumes coming from BL's behind, and eco-friendly mommy vans slowly emerging from the cloud of any green activists worst nightmare. (i really need to place my order for one of Carl's BIO DIESEL stickers).
Of course BL might have been objecting to her engine not having adequate time to warm up and on top of that carrying a ton of bagged horse manure in her cargo area that needs dumping. I don't think i was very popular this morning...not only did we leave a massive carbon footprint but also a nasty whiff of horse poo - we don't think it smells but it isn't everyones cup of tea. Of course, BL is one of a kind around here so everyone knows who is stinking out the neighbourhood!!!!! I'm expecting this to be a topic of conversation at the next home owners ass. meeting....
just wanted to share a happy story before doing my dump run....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2008, 06:36 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

You must be in unincorporated King County, no?
Old September 23rd, 2008, 07:23 PM
isleofman
Lee Davis
'95 D90 "BeastLee"

we're in Bridle Trails Bellevue. Bordering on Kirkland and Redmond so a stones throw away from the 520 bridge. I see you're keeping one foot here and one next door? that's a big straddle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2008, 07:56 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

Yeah, but what a cool carbon footprint you leave! If folks ask me about my carbon footprint, I point out that 78% of ALL Landrovers ever built are still on the road today. With stats like that, you make up for your lack of carbon footprint with what we keep out of the land fills!

Dendy
Old September 24th, 2008, 07:20 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleRover
Yeah, but what a cool carbon footprint you leave! If folks ask me about my carbon footprint, I point out that 78% of ALL Landrovers ever built are still on the road today. With stats like that, you make up for your lack of carbon footprint with what we keep out of the land fills!

Dendy
78%?! I'll make note to use that fact. I wonder how it compares to other makes like Chevy, Ford, Toyota, and even Honda.

One thing I would love to know is how many resources are used and the carbon footprint for making a new car both domestic and foreign.
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:49 AM
isleofman
Lee Davis
'95 D90 "BeastLee"

wow that is amazing. but even if the stats were bad i wouldn't change my daily drive for anything!!! it certainly would be interesting to find out the stats on other cars....
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:54 PM
jordan0527
Jordan
97 D90 ST, 04 D2

Oh yeah, I drive my Defender to work whenever my horses aren't feeling well too (!).

I need to get out of Los Angeles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d-90