Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 25th, 2015, 02:01 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasily View Post
How has JLR not figured this out... but a built in vacume is exactly what's needed. anyone remember the conversion vans from the '90s? They had little hand held units in the back... I'm sure it would be a welcome feature in a top spec RR!
Honda had it as a feature just a couple of years ago as well.

There you go. LR, once the leader, now the follower.
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Land Rovers used to have push button starters in the Series too...leading the way <wink>
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:44 PM
kimberly
kimberly
1957 LR S1 88"

Registry
used to? 😉
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2015, 10:16 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

Maybe the barrier is not the vehicle, but lack of need for a capable off road vehicle or lack of knowledge of Land Rover capabilities. This is definitely dependent on what country the buyer lives in or even what part of said country a buyer lives in.

I will produce videos for JLR featuring the capabilities of all vehicles in their current line up for marketing and education purposes on social media, in dealer showrooms etc..... I can provide samples of my work and a budget proposal. Of course, I will utilize fellow D-90 source members as talent in said videos.....

Please have someone from JLR contact me here on the Source!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSnow View Post
Good afternoon Gents and Ladies,

I was hoping that you may be able to offer some help towards a Master's Thesis in collaboration with Jaguar Land Rover and Loughborough University.

At Jaguar Land Rover we have successfully used an innovation process based on hidden needs methodologies to create innovative products for Chassis Systems. By understanding customers’ unmet requirements we can uncover what they need, and what they want to achieve when using our products. A much more powerful baseline for innovation. It is this principle that has lead me to your forum.

I am currently working with the Human Factors Department at JLR in order to answer a question with an elusive answer: What are the unmet requirements (barriers) faced by novice off-road drivers to driving an all-terrain capable vehicle away from a tarmacked road?

I would like to know any particular challenges faced by Land Rover Defender owners when they take their vehicle off-road (examples: Human machine interface, ergonomic, psychological issues) and how would they like to see it improved.

Please note that relevant points will be cited in the final report and will make a genuine contribution to improving the Land Rover experience.

For more information I can be contacted on: mattsnodin@hotmail.co.uk

Much appreciated,

Matt Snodin

Loughborough Uni-
BEng Mechanical Engineering
MSc Human Factors / Ergonomics

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
defender