Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 4th, 2013, 09:08 AM
CavemanDiesel
Eric Smirh
1985 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjva View Post
What reason was given by the DMV of the States that refused to issue a title ?.
My home state said the Rover needed to be titled in NC first by the person that imported it. Then I could transfer title to myself in my state. The other state was the importers brother in law who also imports cars. I not sure what reason they gave him, but they would not title it. My state said since the importer was not a car dealer he could not sell it without a title. This is all new to me. First time and I'm learning as I go.

------ Follow up post added April 4th, 2013 08:14 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by galen216 View Post
When my Series was brought in PA was doing the same thing to me. Tom Bache had brought in numerous Series trucks but when he went to the DMV with my truck they just wouldn't issue a title. We ended up using a service in Vegas, ITS Titles I believe. Sent them the VIN and $250 (I think) and in 2 weeks we had Maine title and plates. I then took that title to my DMV and changed it to PA.

http://www.its-titles.com/
Thanks, this sounds like a good solution. I will check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
kjva
Ken Jackson
1985 110 Wagon

That is also correct in VA I bought a motorcyle from someone in PA and the seller had re-sold the bike to me simply putting my name under his on the buyer box. The DMV said as he was not a dealer he was not allowed to do that and we had to get the orginial seller to get a new title then sell it to me.

I have registered several imported Rovers in VA and one requirement is a bill of sale made out to me matching my name on the import docs. I could see the DMV in VA not allowing me to re-assign a bill of sale.
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Quote:
When my Series was brought in PA was doing the same thing to me. Tom Bache had brought in numerous Series trucks but when he went to the DMV with my truck they just wouldn't issue a title. We ended up using a service in Vegas, ITS Titles I believe. Sent them the VIN and $250 (I think) and in 2 weeks we had Maine title and plates. I then took that title to my DMV and changed it to PA.

See this post does have merit. Great advice galen216

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2013, 06:21 PM
CavemanDiesel
Eric Smirh
1985 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Eric, sorry if I came off as a wise-ass. Just that there's been lots of ignorant bluster on this board lately relating to imports. I hope everything turns out well for you. Sorry I don't have an intelligent and realistic solution for you.
Hey Jack,

No worries, no hard feelings. I understand how you felt about the long threads, if you ever come south look me up. First beer is on me.
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:26 PM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Eric I wish you all the luck in resolving your predicament. I am sure you are going crazy over what happened in NC and how this could relate to you. If you still have my number call me as I want to make sure I understand the whole story before I give any advice. Pm me if you don't have my number.
I think this is a prime example of people not understanding your story and being quick to judge when they don't have all of the facts. Just remember this is a forum with one or more common interest and we all should try and work together and not be so quick to publicly bash someone.
Jackie"my man"Treehorn you are a stand up fella. As I told David , from atl cruisers, crow is never a fun dish to eat. Some people do it better than others and have class when the do it. You have shown your class and are welcome at my camp fire anytime!!
For the rest of you who quickly scolded Cavemandiesel just think how you would feel if you asked a question and got that type of treatment.
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:38 AM
couga861900
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72
Land Rover Defender 90 2.5td

Registry
Quote:

this was some very interesting information that you've provided. Thanks
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
This relates to the import docs. They aren't transferable. The owner/importer of record has to title the truck the first time. Once thats done you can sell/transfer the truck just like any other. I often am asked "can you just title it for me" and I can't since I don't own the truck. Galen's advice on the title service is a good one as well. Several New England states used to issue a tittle with just a bill of sale, which makes it easy for a title service to get you what you need.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:19 PM
kjva
Ken Jackson
1985 110 Wagon

If you use a title service be sure it is accepted in your state.
The company in Vegas used Alabama and New Hampshire for a long time but several states stopped accepting them.
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:23 PM
CavemanDiesel
Eric Smirh
1985 D90

Quote:
The company in Vegas used Alabama and New Hampshire for a long time but several states stopped accepting them.
It's my understanding that once I have a title from any state I can transfer it to my state. I'm new to this, does that sound right?
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:56 PM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
Quote:
How can a state not accept a title from another state? In the case of ITS it has your name on the title, it's yours and the state has no idea ITS was even involved.
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:39 AM
kjva
Ken Jackson
1985 110 Wagon

ITS and another company Broadway have been around a long time. They previously used Alabama and New Hampshire to issue titles.
Some states started refusing to accept their titles this was posted on their web page.
In VA it was known that the process was a paper transaction where a dealer bought then resold the vehicle back to the owner.
I think the rules were changed in NH and the vehicle had to be physically in NH.
AL rules are now very strict due to the mis use of the title services.
I see now they are using Maine to operate from.
I am not implying there are problems with the Maine titles just that it may be worth checking.
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:57 AM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
The Great State of NC... last week the state govt was trying to decide on state religion. This week they are trying to decide if divorce should take two years instead of one.
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:01 PM
couga861900
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72

Registry
This whole situation is frigged up. My truck is down and I get a 200tdi into the country to replace my weak 2.5td. NO IMPORTER IS TAKING CHANCES NOW.
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:39 PM
geoellis
George
1995 D90 #2904 - BB

There's someone on the board who could use that 2.5td right now.
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:05 PM
couga861900
Cougar, WM of Hiram 72

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoellis View Post
There's someone on the board who could use that 2.5td right now.
I'll trade a 200tdi for it. Otherwise, my is not good without an engine if I sell it.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 03:03 PM
CavemanDiesel
Eric Smirh
1985 D90

Quote:
ITS and another company Broadway have been around a long time. They previously used Alabama and New Hampshire to issue titles.
Some states started refusing to accept their titles this was posted on their web page.
In VA it was known that the process was a paper transaction where a dealer bought then resold the vehicle back to the owner.
I think the rules were changed in NH and the vehicle had to be physically in NH.
AL rules are now very strict due to the mis use of the title services.
I see now they are using Maine to operate from.
I am not implying there are problems with the Maine titles just that it may be worth checking.

I have finally got my title, that's right, after over a year of trying, I will say that ITS title in Nevada stole my money and did not provide the service that I paid for.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 04:12 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Congrats! Lets see that thing on the road!
Old November 22nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
MGPete
Pete C
'95 D90 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanDiesel View Post
I have finally got my title, that's right, after over a year of trying, I will say that ITS title in Nevada stole my money and did not provide the service that I paid for.
It has been awhile since I have had the need, but in years past I have used both Broadway and ITS services without any glitches.
I would like to hear from you how things went wrong at ITS for future reference.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:14 PM
CavemanDiesel
Eric Smirh
1985 D90

I contacted ITS, He said fill out paperwork and send a $600.00 money order, no checks, I did that, no title, I have called him over a dozen times and left messages, no response!!!!!!
Old November 22nd, 2013, 11:51 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanDiesel View Post
I contacted ITS, He said fill out paperwork and send a $600.00 money order, no checks, I did that, no title, I have called him over a dozen times and left messages, no response!!!!!!
No shit.

How long ago?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
wiki