Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 5th, 2013, 12:02 PM
byrnecc
Conor
1986 ex-mod 110

Registry
The end of production?

Maybe there will be a better replacement.... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...on-to-end.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

I can only imagine what the last one will go for? I imagine they auction it for charity or something. Or just keep it and sell the second to last. But either way that thing will go for a lot. Imagine having the first and last defender. That would be pretty cool.
Old October 5th, 2013, 12:54 PM
byrnecc
Conor
1986 ex-mod 110

Registry
I'd like to see the new concepts, it seems they're going away from that tonka truck dc 100 thank god.

The defender had a good run though, I'd say they're due for a new model to replace it. The years between the series 1, 2, and 3 were much shorter compared to the 90/110/Defender, effectively the Defender model has been arounds since like '82? Thats 33 years with no major changes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 5th, 2013, 01:15 PM
revtor
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye

Registry
Im all for modern manufacturing techniques, updated materials etc, but what gets me (and I think others) is that what they propose seems to have no basis in a "utility" vehicle concept. Imagine a new vehicle with Utility as the design brief. Sell a tool not a "Lifestyle". The whole Lifestyle thing makes me want to vomit. ugh...
Old October 5th, 2013, 01:22 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Grab them while you can.
Old October 5th, 2013, 01:32 PM
byrnecc
Conor
1986 ex-mod 110

Registry
Maybe they will continue to produce the defender for commercial purposes, sort of like how the original hummer was discontinued for public sale but still sold to armed forces.

I'm a big fan of Land Rover overall, not the Evoque, but the RR, LR3, Disco etc I think are great. Definitely not what they were originally, but still awesome vehicles. That being said the Defender was probably their best vehicle. The bottom line is that its a business and they have to meet demand. I'm fairly confident the will produce something cool but probably not like the defender we're used to.

As a side note, I guess the value of our Defenders will increase after 2015.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat