Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 9th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
The Ashcroft Underdrive is Back

Originally Posted by ashtrans
due to ongoing demand in the US and Europe we decided last December to make another batch of Underdrives. We are now in the final stages and time to make it public knowledge.
They have been designed to allow us to improve manufacture and make a larger batch size than before allowing us to reduce the costs to hold the final price down.
We are making 50 initially and aim to have them available from early July 05, we have had a lot of initial interest and I think these 50 will sell quite quick, if they do, we will make more but this will take a few months.
I have watched the ongoing thread with much interest and if nothing else it has shown these items are by no means easy to make, I don't say that to show how clever we are, I say that to help some customers understand why the unit is quite expensive.
we have also developed a Crawler low ratio gear set for the LT230, this gives a 1.222 ratio high and a 5.95 low ratio.
More details on these two here :
we will be adding more info and new photos shortly,

Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel
Old June 9th, 2005, 08:12 PM
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor
Isn't Wise Owl doing an Overdrive/underdrive unit also?
Legend in My Own Mind.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat