The 2013 Boxster is comming, going to check it out tomorrow, should anyone care? - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 28th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Just letting you know, the cayman and boxster uses the same chassis. Just say no.

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2012, 05:07 AM
karlusmagnus
Karl O'Donoghue
71SiiA

Chris Harris, is a good auto journalist, and this is his quite favorable review of new Bxstr - is it finally the car a man can drive?
http://youtu.be/Gk-6s-ZhlYs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:52 AM
MC36
Michael Christian
97 D90 ST British Racing Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Ed, I'm well versed in Porsche racing history. You forget to mention that Porsche was racing mid-engined cars (908/917/962 etc.) before switching to to the 911 platform in the mid-70s. Don't get me wrong, I have the highest respect for Porsche's racing pedigree, but there's a reason why they used to compete in GT2 not GT1 class - Corvettes murder them in the braking zones, and there were till 2010 no other factory supported GT2 teams apart from Porsche. And if you go back to the glory days of IMSA, it was the 935 power advantage that won races - they were famous for being absolute pigs to drive.

Full disclosure: I'm a huge 911 fan and think the GT3 RS4.0 is probably the best road car made in recent memory, but am honest about the short comings of the platform. I've seen lightly prepped Z06s murder Cup cars on many a braking zone.
I would agree with the before mentioned information. I run with a lot of PCA guys here in Charlotte and I know of only a handful that drive Boxsters, sort of a sigma in my opinion. Most say if it was more powerful the 911 sales would dry up. The S handles like a go kart. It is a bit underpowered for the money in my opinion. It is worth a look and a test drive.

As I can appreciate Porsche engineering and pedigree, I have never been a huge fan because they are hard to distinguish from one another. My neighbor drives a 996 and she barely knows what it is, she 'just thought it was a cute car". Another buddy of mine had a GT2, a beast and nasty in every way. The car was scary fast and a bit too lethal on the road in the wrong hands (it took me only one joy ride in it with him to realize that)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat