Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 22nd, 2015, 09:54 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRINSTRUCTOR View Post
The lowest original mileage 110 in North America: 6,231km or 3,871 miles on original odometer.

VIN: SALLDHMV2BA234388

Authentic Left Hand Drive (LHD) 1985 LR Defender 110 has been recently restored on-chassis and imported by a private family into USA from our residence in the Middle East (Dubai). We are the second owners, the first was the Emirate of Fujairah. The fascinating history of the truck, dozens of photos of how it was found and rebuilt can be found at our blog. www.quickwit.com

A full on-chassis rebuilt 3.5L V8 petrol engine and 4-Speed LT95 manual transmission. Garage protected for 30 years in controlled environment. Truck professionally painted Coniston Green. No dents. No dings. One 3x2" paint chip on driver side door from tie down straps during import. Bulkhead is 99% All door bottoms are 100% newly cleaned, primed and painted. Interior: original leather seats. Cracking leather on drivers side seat. Rear seats 99% Footwells; 100%: Driver side excellent. Installed New YRM galvanized passenger side footwell panel, primed painted soundproofed. Stainless hardware. Underside: Light rust where Waxoyl rubbed off. New OEM shocks. The original 3.5L V8 Petrol engine, completely rebuilt and restored. It can get up to 25 MPG on highway. Original engraved matching LR Engine serial number. New General Grabber Tires on LR Steel Wheels. Sound Deadened; All metal surfaces cleaned, primed and entire interior floors, transmission hump & doors lined with Dynamat and Second Skin sound deadener. New premium Marine Waterproof Carpet. Racing fire extinguisher, Lifehammer, Pelican First aid/Trauma kit, dash compass, incinometer. Two 12V Marine dual USB/Lighter plugs Ready for your personalization.

Documentation & Import: Imported by D. Crowther @ Dividing Creek Imports. Passed US Customs at Dundalk with all documentation in January 2014. Fully Titled, registered, passed NY State inspection and currently insured in NY State Sept 2014. All USA side work done by Patrick O’Reilly at The Gas Menagerie LR/Jaguar Troy NY, Restored at al-Beea Land Rovers, Dubai and Saluki Motor Sports Dubai. Import documentation & repairs details package comes with vehicle.
Restored, professionally repainted and completely rebuilt.
Those are words of caution for the uninformed as expectations run wide. Especially when no receipts are available (as with most sales). For this example, I would be interested to hear from the OP what "completely rebuilt" entailed for that 3.5L. It could be argued the transmission was "rebuilt" too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2015, 09:59 AM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

$8k 110
+
$200 camel jockey rattle can paint job
+
$5000 shipping/import to USA
=
Abu Backfire
Old May 22nd, 2015, 10:04 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Camel jockey rattle can paint job....???? Be careful Adam...the watchdogs are on the hunt...lol...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2015, 10:07 AM
LRINSTRUCTOR
Eric Y. LR/MOX INSTRCTR
Defender 110, RRC, 04 Discos, S2A

I tried to respond to Abuwhateverhecallshimself this morning and he blocked PM's. I'm glad he is wherever he is "fighting for freedom" I look forward to watching this disaster pop up for sale again somewhere.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 10:19 AM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Camel jockey rattle can paint job....???? Be careful Adam...the watchdogs are on the hunt...lol...
Well given the alternative available pronouns, this was the better choice
Old May 22nd, 2015, 10:22 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Now this freaking funny.... Funnier than actually even saying it...lol..
Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:00 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
This Taylor dude sounds like the kind of guy I'd like to hire to check out a truck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:06 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
This Taylor dude sounds like the kind of guy I'd like to hire to check out a truck.
Well said. You've got the tools. It would be nice to remove the BS that tarnishes him and his shop.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:15 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Not trying to stir the pot, but Taylor Congleton in my experience has been a solid & reputable guy, and I've seen some of his work first hand back when he worked out of RN shop. He was wrapping up restoration on a marine blue 109, and it was on par with a Lanny Clark quality resto. Aside from his work professionally, my experience crossing paths with him personally at Rover events/etc he is an all around nice guy.
THIS ^^^^^^^^ All day long
Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:16 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
In my view, thus thread is ironically making Taylor look like a hero. I think most people realize that serious opinions don't come in the form of multi-paragraph rants.

Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:20 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
THIS ^^^^^^^^ All day long
You better be surfcasting with a few beers knocked down by now.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 12:23 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
You better be surfcasting with a few beers knocked down by now.
It's just past 9am here but I'm all for cracking open a few right now.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 01:04 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
I don't want to kick Abu Buckwheat while is down especially for all that he has done to help our country but why on earth did you paint that vehicle??? I am cringing seeing pics of it with the galvanized cappings originally and then seeing the overspray'd mess of dark green. That first color was great - if you wanted to spruce it up paint the wheels and axle ends as they stick out like a sore thumb post-paint. IDK - I much rather see an original dented, scuff and faded Defender than a newly painted one. Think Diane Lane in a old pair of Levi's and worn in cowboy boots.

Just remember:

Rule #1 - if you are going to repaint a Defender at least take some of the fucking pieces off - you don't have to be from Newark to have the doors, hood, and front fenders off on Defender over a morning cup of tea (or beer).

Rule #2 - if you have exposed galvy cappings leave them the hell alone!
Old May 22nd, 2015, 06:53 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Who knows what the buyer asked Taylor to do, but the most likely scenario is to check it out before paying for it to make sure it's as advertised. Either way from what has been shown in this thread he did the right thing. That is in no way a $50k truck and if I was given the task of paying for it and picking it up, I'd sure as sht call the owner and let him/her know what he/she was getting in to.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 07:04 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Probably should keep my yapper shut, but for those of you continuing childish add ons are looking equally ridiculous. You said your piece, looks like rightfully so, but why keep the sh$tstorm going? Good lord. And its the same few of you all too, And not just on D Source. Funny this also brought out some new/low count members.....
Old May 22nd, 2015, 08:06 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Sam....it could be worse...you could be me....lol.....
Old June 10th, 2015, 07:10 AM
rdavisinva
Robert Davis
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Sam....it could be worse...you could be me....lol.....
It's not always about you, mate, but thinking sometimes it should be !!!!!!!!!!

Hope all turned out well with Taylor over this.
People should hire Taylor to inspect more vehicles.
If Taylor and Shayne teamed up then who knows what great things could happen.

Both you guys need to travel to a VA rally...

Uncle "Richard" Douglas has a Land Rover with big wheels that never gets stuck... until he breaks something so it won't go. Uncle Douglas always breaks something. - Anna Crowther at the Conclave 2012 (AKA Carburetor Neck)

"What's with this death wobble, Uncle Douglas, I can't keep it in 1 lane?"
UD: "Just Power through it man!"
Old June 10th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Who knows what the buyer asked Taylor to do, but the most likely scenario is to check it out before paying for it to make sure it's as advertised. Either way from what has been shown in this thread he did the right thing. That is in no way a $50k truck and if I was given the task of paying for it and picking it up, I'd sure as sht call the owner and let him/her know what he/she was getting in to.
X8...
Old June 10th, 2015, 09:31 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
I think this thread should have a name change to Something like 'Taylor Cougleton discussion thread'

That will avoid google potentially just picking up the title without the context.

It doesn't materially change what the thread is about.

Could someone report the thread so the mods can take a look at doing it?

I'm on my phone in London with limited access.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old June 10th, 2015, 09:33 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
I think this thread should have a name change to Something like 'Taylor Cougleton discussion thread'

That will avoid google potentially just picking up the title without the context.

It doesn't materially change what the thread is about.

Could someone report the thread so the mods can take a look at doing it?

I'm on my phone in London with limited access.
Bingo - I actually discussed that in a pm with some mods as well the other week.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
defender