Tatc - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 19th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Tbone877
Malichi002
None

Tatc

Has anyone heard anything good, bad, indifferent about the Transatlantic Trading Company (TATC) in Dorset Vermont?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
*subscribing* so odd to have never heard of them, and now seeing all these trucks that they have. Maybe Bozman has some insight? Used Land Rover Defenders, Dorset, Vermont | TATC Ltd
Old June 19th, 2017, 11:38 AM
KGH
Real Name
#1-'13 110SW,#2-'87 127,#3-'12 LR4

Registry
I see three trucks that look familiar from my searches overseas. Some are still listed as for sale overseas. Even using same pictures. For example, Euro ads ask 46K GBP for the CT replica, yet they are asking 46K USD.

Does not add up.
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2017, 09:59 PM
Tbone877
Malichi002
None

So it seems like the consensus is to steer clear then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old August 28th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Chris@tatc
Chris Rumbold
1990 90

Hi everyone, weve just picked-up this post on the forum and thought it would be a good time to introduce ourselves. Were a small bespoke builder based out of Devon, England, where we do all our refurbishment work. We initially started by shipping lightly refurbished and good examples of 90s and 110s, most of our work now is bespoke rebuilds for clients who order directly from us. Our clients are finding that doing the restoration work with us in the UK makes the most practical and financial sense, as parts are easier and cheaper to source, even more so now after Brexit and the devaluation of the British Pound.

As everyone on this forum knows, its relatively difficult, and very time consuming, finding good condition 25 year old originally configured Defenders in the UK, and Europe. To give you an idea we typically inspect between 6 to 8 vehicles for every one we buy, to ensure they are in good condition and import compliant. What we do acquire are solid examples that we use as donor vehicles for our clients rebuild projects. We have a stock fleet of vehicles, in addition to the ones on our website, queued up for work.

My partner Robert, a classic car enthusiast, is based over there, and I am based in southern VT. Robert and I grew up together, and have known each other for nearly 40 years. Were extremely responsive to enquires, and given the time difference between here and the UK can say that we can almost offer our clients a 24 hour service; if Im not around, Robert, or a member of our staff is. Were now finding that an increasing amount of our work is coming from customer referrals, which is nice to know, and we like to think this shows we are doing a good job.

In addition to this, we assist all our clients through the import process, providing help with the customs filing, EPA and DOT declarations, through to port collection, delivery, and registration in their home state.

In terms of the confusion around the pricing you are seeing, our website is hosted in the UK, so searches in Europe that pickup our website are converting prices to the local currency. All our pricing on our website is in dollars.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat