Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 16th, 2007, 07:16 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf
I`ve seen some RRCs that`ll keep up with a D90 NO problem.
Oh no doubt, but they need to be modified. 90's come from the factory with a huge advantage in ground clearance, tire size, simplicity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2007, 07:17 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellulararrest
Oh no doubt, but they need to be modified. 90's come from the factory with a huge advantage in ground clearance, tire size, simplicity.
but then again, I gave my D90 a good 3" lift and a considerably larger tire with a far more aggressive tread.
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:20 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Then the so often forgotten element... The driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2007, 07:21 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

there we go.

Reading back over it, I wasn`t trying to be argumentative or anything.
Old April 16th, 2007, 09:48 PM
geneseemtn
shane
curently without rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorian
For those of us with only, say, 30K to spend and a desire to spend it on something with less than 80K miles, it's pretty much the only option. I tried to get into the FJ Cruiser, because the old FJ40's and BJ40/42's were just about perfect, but I've come to see it for the giant pile of plastic crap that it is.

I'm bummed that jeep so totally f**ked up the fender flares and bumpers, and they also added this idiotic slope to the front grille that makes it look slouchy. Plus, the hardtop is as retarded looking as ever, or maybe even a little more so...

In other bummer-news, the MB blu-tec diesel didn't pass 50-state emissions, so there is even less of a chance of it finding its way into a wrangler.

So, your options:

- Drop 35K on a D90 with a f**k-ton of miles on it and... yeah.
- Drop 80K+ sending it to Mike and getting it into good shape with a diesel engine (hey, if you are gonna go big, go big)
- Drop 30K on one of these + 5K replacing all the plastic shite on it, and drive around wishing you could just buy a new defender or an original BJ42.

I hate automakers. Sometimes I think I should approach International about buying the rights to the Scout name, just to produce a decent, bare bones 4x4.

Cheers,
prat
I've had 3 Defender 90's - I drove all of them daily (& sold each of them for more than what I originally paid). Now I drive a Hummer H1. After these vehicles, I woun't consider a jeep, however "new." A good solid design based on "functional excellence" that is easily maintainable never really goes out of style.
Old April 27th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Hey guys, havn't posted in a while, been BUSY. I never thought I would say it, but I too have become a Jeep owner, '07 Wrangler Unlimited Saharah 6 speed. The 90 is OF COURSE still here (and gets the garage while the Jeep bakes in the sun ) My rationale is this: I always wished that the 90 could be a bit more civilized for daily use, and traveling. When I bought it new I was single and it was the perfect vehicle for me. Now with a wife and toddler in tow, the 90 has become my private weekend vehicle and lives in the garage most of the time. This new Wrangler was the perfect compromise for me. Rugged looks, plenty of room, car seat friendly, 4 doors, and can cruise on the highway at 85 all day long in comfort with A/C and satalite radio. The topper for me is that after a day of driving to the Keys, I can get out and throw the top down for cruising with my family. It will never be a substitute for the 90, and will most probably not see much if any off road. But I have to say, I am impressed with Jeep's new creation. After all is said and done though, it will be traded in in a couple of years while the Defender watches with a grin on his face

Follow-up Post:

Here are pics of the siblings. I hope they play nice....

[img=http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/526/0055iu1.th.jpg]

[img=http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4218/0054tn3.th.jpg]

[img=http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/8678/0057ra1.th.jpg]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat