Swinging a dead cat! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 27th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Len Bruffett
NAS '97 ST /SW-POE Config
Swinging a dead cat!

I am from northern CA, but I spent the last half of the week down in Los Angeles. On Saturday before my flight out I drove to Newport Beach to have breakfast at "Woody's and to take a drive down the coast. I kid you not - every 8th vehicle I saw on Hiway 1 was a either a Range Rover or Range Rover sport. So many, that if you swung a dead cat in the air you would likely hit one every thrid revolution. In the course of my one hour drive south and return 1 hour drive back To Newport Beach I also saw 3 D90s and 1 vintage Series IIa. I saw more D90s in two hours than I have encountered in the bay area over the past year. I guess L.A. is filled with high rollers with good taste. My opinion of SO CAL just went up a knotch.

Old April 28th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Jimmy Baker
1997 BRG D90
The RR/ RR Sport seems to have cemented its status as the official suburban luxury cruiser. In CT, I see more RR and RR Sports than I see LR3's (although those are pretty common also) and LR2's. I will say though that I love the MKIII design, and would definitely get it over the more bland competitors in that segment.

Old April 28th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Dennis Lynch
94 D90 #699
Last summer I was out there for a week. I couldn't believe how many RR's, RRS's. I also saw 4 110's . I didn't see a 90 until an hour before we left.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat