surrey top - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 6th, 2009, 09:44 PM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

surrey top

i have a Badger surrey that I run in the late summer to get some shade on those hottest of hot days. I love it. Question is: Can it be altered to fit the snap rails in stead of the gutters? I have a full badger top with gutter kit but In the summer, I find the "wings" of the gutter kit block alot of sky and view and want to go to the snap rails for when I run the surrey. The full top never goes on after May.
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
I am getting the gutter kit and getting rid of my snap rail Badger surrey. Would you mind taking a photo of the surrey so I can see how it looks.
I am running a Badger surrey with the snap rails right now. I do love it.

I bet Chris can do something to alter it.
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:42 AM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cred
I am getting the gutter kit and getting rid of my snap rail Badger surrey. Would you mind taking a photo of the surrey so I can see how it looks.
I am running a Badger surrey with the snap rails right now. I do love it.

I bet Chris can do something to alter it.
I can shoot a pic for you. It's black with a sunroof so, I think it might be a little weird to most people but its a couple of years old with gentle use and in real good shape. I do have a fondness for the sunroof though. Blocks the heat but lets in light and is a great option IMO.
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Thanks!
Old July 7th, 2009, 09:55 PM
D-Dave
David Jensen
'97 D-90 ST

I just got my snap rail Badger surrey today and I ABSOLUTELY love it-the best engineered and best fitting surrey I have ever seen or used-period. I am getting ready to call Chris the end of this week to order the full soft top and gutter kit, and was curious as to how you liked your full soft top. I know it's still a soft top, but I am assuming that it seals up better and is a little quieter than the factory soft top?

I'll be doing the sunroof in my soft top too-I love sunlight-especially in the fall and winter!

Sorry about the slight hijack!
Old July 8th, 2009, 08:15 AM
JBOD77
Jonathan
1995 D90 ST Beluga Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dave
I just got my snap rail Badger surrey today and I ABSOLUTELY love it-the best engineered and best fitting surrey I have ever seen or used-period. I am getting ready to call Chris the end of this week to order the full soft top and gutter kit, and was curious as to how you liked your full soft top. I know it's still a soft top, but I am assuming that it seals up better and is a little quieter than the factory soft top?

I'll be doing the sunroof in my soft top too-I love sunlight-especially in the fall and winter!

Sorry about the slight hijack!
It seals up better and tighter than the fiberglass top! Doesn't even compare to the factory soft top, totally different quality. It's absolutely the best available and I can't speak highly enough about Chris' products and service. Do a search on here and read the old threads there's thousands of them with beaming opinions about his work. Wish I had put the sunroof in my full soft top as well. Live and learn. Only mistake I made was getting the surrey for the gutter kit and not the snap rails as I never run my full top in the summer and the gutters don't do much with the surrey on. They detract from the open air feel too much for me. I'll give him a ring today and see about the mods. IIRC the sunroof can be added to the full top after the fact.
Buy one and don't look back, you won't regret it!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
surrey top