Steel Wheels group buy for Colorado people - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 31st, 2006, 08:23 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Steel Wheels group buy for Colorado people

I need to get new steel wheels--I only have 4 and it is a unique back spacing, so I am going to replace them all. What I am most likely going to get (open to slight revision) is 16" rims, 4"-4.25" back spacing, 8" width black steel rims--don't really care yet by who. Freight really kills it shipping to Colorado. What I am interested in is doing a group buy/group freight for the rims shipped to Denver Colorado or close by.

WHO IS INTERESTED? All I am doing is trying to drive my cost down--if I have to do the leg work, I am more than up for it. If someone else wants to do the leg work, then count me in for (5). Otherwise, let me know who wants dibs--I am hoping to have them new for around $45-$50/each (shipped), but I might be dreaming. I figure with enough people up front, we can make that happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2006, 09:34 PM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

If you'd be able to then ship them out to me, i'd be interested Chris. The best I can do for 16x7's that I'm aware of is Gulf Coast Rovers. And last time they picked like 2 day shipping and cost me big $$$$. I'd think UPS ground would get them to me for about $15 each. If I could get them here for about $300 total (for 5) I'd be up for it... I understand if you don't want to deal with shipping to me though.
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:36 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

I am sure we could meet at some event or another...lets see how the response is from others and the Solihull Society that I am involved with. I am getting quotes from American Racing and a couple others. Worst case, I just buy them, but money on "toys" is always tight...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 1st, 2006, 09:34 AM
Monkeyboy

Hey Chris,

I've got a set that Peter Hope had made ... 16x8's with no offset - that is to say 4" backspacing

They haven't been anywhere but rolling around the shop just yet, but you might check with Pete to see who made them for him.

Best,

KAA
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:16 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Chris, I might be up for a set. I'll give you a call tonight or so.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
colorado, steel wheels, wheel, wheels