Stainless Fasteners Group Buy - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 13th, 2016, 12:52 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

Stainless Fasteners Group Buy

I have been in touch with Nakatanenga and am going to put together a group buy for D-90 Source Members for personal trucks.

Kits will be cost of kit, plus exchange to US dollars, plus shipping to US (divided by kits ordered), plus shipping to you via USPS Priority, plus duty, if there is any. I am guessing a Kit for a 90 ST will be about 175, but will be closer on that when the order is compiled.

Cutoff date for order will be Feb 5th.

Cutoff date for payment will be Feb10th.

Orders will be shipped to you within 7 days of receipt of kits.

IMPORTANT: Please let me know via PM what kit(s) you want by letter. Include your mailing address and email address in the PM.

A. https://www.nakatanenga.de/zubehoer/...t-/-90-softtop

B. https://www.nakatanenga.de/zubehoer/...10-cc-/-130-cc

C. https://www.nakatanenga.de/zubehoer/...10-ht-2-tuerer

D. https://www.nakatanenga.de/zubehoer/...lappe-defender

NOTE: Kit D is for the air vents in the bulkhead. This hardware is NOT included in kits A., B., or C.

NOTE: Please use a translator to be sure you are ordering the correct Kit. As this is a group buy, you are responsible for what you are ordering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2016, 01:04 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Peter who runs Nakatanenga is a top guy. He might even do you a discount. At least make sure you get VAT off -that's 19%. If there is any problem, let me know, I'll go pick up the kits and forward them myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 13th, 2016, 01:23 PM
emah
Ed Mah
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Chuck where is the translator in the website?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Greenbull
Mark Miller
1994 Defender 90NAS #1258

Registry
Chuck pm sent...
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by emah View Post
Chuck where is the translator in the website?
Depends on your browser. Try highlighting the text and right click, then click translate.

Semper Fi!
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

I fail to see the advantage of this "group buy" if the kits are going to be actual price as on their site! Im sorry, maybe im missing something!?
Im interested in 1 or maybe 2 full kits but would like clarification on the group buy price VAT / customs / exchange rate aside?
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Departing90 View Post
I fail to see the advantage of this "group buy" if the kits are going to be actual price as on their site! Im sorry, maybe im missing something!?
Im interested in 1 or maybe 2 full kits but would like clarification on the group buy price VAT / customs / exchange rate aside?

Yeah, the 90 kit is 99 Euros, which is currently $107 not including VAT. Can't imagine shipping and customs would be another $68.

Semper Fi!
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:23 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Yeah, the 90 kit is 99 Euros, which is currently $107 not including VAT. Can't imagine shipping and customs would be another $68.
Thank you for the clarification.
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
The 99 euros includes VAT.

Perhaps the original poster can just lay out the cost and the deal (if any) for this group buy.

- Actual purchase cost in Euros and USD at today's rate with VAT removed.
- Estimate on shipping, tax, duty.

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:50 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

The Nakatanenga kits are awesome and use current Land Rover factory heads for all bolts which no other kit does.

Couple small things to keep in mind:

If you have a NAS 90 soft top it will not have the bolts for where the tire carrier attaches to the body
For 110's the hinge bolts for the top hing on the middle doors are too long. For best look and not to have these bolts looking weird on inside you will need to cut these down.

I'm not sure if hinge bolts have changed threads over the years but these are current factory pitch so if you have an older truck you might need to replace the captive nuts in bulkhead and t supports for doors.

Also for bolts that attach rear body to frame, new trucks have captive nuts but NAS ones don't so you might need to account for that too.
Old January 13th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
The 99 euros includes VAT. Perhaps the original poster can just lay out the cost and the deal (if any) for this group buy. - Actual purchase cost in Euros and USD at today's rate with VAT removed. - Estimate on shipping, tax, duty.
No, I just put a set in my shopping cart and totaled the costs, it added in the 19% VAT on top of the 99 Euros.

Ich Spreche Deutsch FYI...

Semper Fi!
Old January 13th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
No, I just put a set in my shopping cart and totaled the costs, it added in the 19% VAT on top of the 99 Euros.

Ich Spreche Deutsch FYI...
Not sure what happened with you, but the site clearly says includes VAT. Nothing is added when I use the cart other than shipping.

Quote:
99,00 *
inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
(incl. VAT., excl. Shipping costs)
This is what I get in the cart.
Summe: 99,00 * - Sum
Versandkosten: 29,00 * - Shipping
Gesamtsumme: 128,00 - Total
Gesamtsumme ohne MwSt.: 107,56 - Total excluding VAT
zzgl. 19.00 % MwSt.: 20,44 - VAT

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old January 13th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
You're right, I'm wrong. I read that as the VAT being added in after, when it reality it's breaking down the cost of the product with VAT below the total.

Semper Fi!
Old January 13th, 2016, 07:16 PM
dmb
Darren Braude
97 black ST Def 90

Chuck sending you PM.
thx
Old January 13th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Im still kind of lost! After crunching the #s the group buy price is 7.5% off and we have to pony up shipping from der fatherland & possible customs issues resulting in possible additional fees!?

The group buys ive participated in have allways been a minimum set # of units like 5 or 20 and the group buy discounts range from 15-30% or more. Maybe a vendor stateside is less risky to deal with better discounts or even the same price if we dont have to pay long distance shipping fees and not deal with customs!
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:19 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Im still kind of lost! After crunching the #s the group buy price is 7.5% off and we have to pony up shipping from der fatherland & possible customs issues resulting in possible additional fees!? The group buys ive participated in have allways been a minimum set # of units like 5 or 20 and the group buy discounts range from 15-30% or more. Maybe a vendor stateside is less risky to deal with better discounts or even the same price if we dont have to pay long distance shipping fees and not deal with customs!
Sasha, you are thinking too much. Order direct and your bolts will arrive in 5 days or so.
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Sasha, you are thinking too much. Order direct and your bolts will arrive in 5 days or so.
Didnt mean to be too much! Simply asking about the value of this group buy! Carry on.......
Old January 13th, 2016, 10:13 PM
chuckc4
chuck b

Valid thoughts Sasha, no worries--we are in the Misc. Chit Chat Section for just this sort of dialogue...

This group buy may be too much effort for little to no savings.

Quote:
Didnt mean to be too much! Simply asking about the value of this group buy! Carry on.......
Old January 13th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckc4 View Post
Valid thoughts Sasha, no worries--we are in the Misc. Chit Chat Section for just this sort of dialogue...

This group buy may be too much effort for little to no savings.
Thank you for understanding.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat