stainless brake tubes - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 30th, 2003, 04:15 AM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

stainless brake tubes

i was woundering if any body would want to go in on a group buy of stainless steel brake tubes?would like 4 or 5 more people. what would happen is i will send in my old brake lines,this guys scans them with a machine and another machine spits them out. so doing one set isnt bad but it would be cheaper to do 5 or 6 sets. so you dont have to send in your old lines and he only has to scan once and can produce as many sets as we want. ecr (east coast) has these lines for $325, should be able to get this done for closer to $200 maybe less?i am having this done no matter how many people (if any?) are in.just would like to save some $$ and you could too.let me know if interested or an questions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2003, 09:45 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Matt, I might be interested in a set if yyou can get a better Idea of the price... I saw the sets on ECR'$ site... they are expensive..

Randy
Old October 30th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Hey Matt, What do you mean by "not for long" next to your description?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2003, 12:58 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

randy i have to send my lines in frist. hopefully will send in on monday and have a better idea by middle of the week.randy do you know if the fittings are standard metric fittings or some off the wall size.michael i am refering to the arles blue. i was planning on shooting the truck another color because its totaly dismanteled right now(whats a better time to do it). was thinking a color off the older series trucks. im up for suggestions
Old October 30th, 2003, 01:11 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
The fitting sizes are all metric just to let you know Matt. I am still up in the air on what color to shoot mine too... I want it a rover color but don't know which one yet?

Randy
Old October 30th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I saw a Series 88 that was a nice dark green, Different then the 90s green, I have never seen a 90 in that color but it reminds me of expeditions and safari type stuff I thing it qould be a cool color for a 90 and still Land Rover.
Old October 30th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

purple

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old October 30th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Dave, was that ever a Land Rover color? I think I saw a purple Rover once but I think it was a Rustolem Job.
Old October 30th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Yes, back in 1978 a rare model was released to celebrate Elton John's wild success. At the time Elton was the only export other than Land Rovers to be successful outside Great Britan. It had a special package which inluded pink diamond plate and shag carpet.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 30th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

But did it have fuzzy dice and dingalberries?
Old October 30th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

yes.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 30th, 2003, 03:40 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Quote:
Yes, back in 1978 a rare model was released to celebrate Elton John's wild success. At the time Elton was the only export other than Land Rovers to be successful outside Great Britan. It had a special package which inluded pink diamond plate and shag carpet.

That's some funny shit.
Old November 7th, 2003, 04:28 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Well, what happened to the brake lines?

Randy
Old November 7th, 2003, 05:06 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

randy i sent them one mon. they recieved them one thur. i have been waiting for a call back. i am going to call there in a few min.
Old November 7th, 2003, 05:38 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

randy - just talked to them and he said they did get my box the other day they just have not had time to look at them, they are really busy and ontop of that they are short handed a couple of guys.he said they should look at them and get back to me on tues. so i hope your not in a rush becuase it could be as long as 3 weeks at the most before we see any lines. so i will let you know when i hear something more. buy the way i also sent my fuel and clutch lines in to see if he could do those so if any body wants in on those let me know. those lines are for a v8 im pretty sure thy are different on a tdi, right?
Old November 7th, 2003, 06:49 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
very different
Old November 7th, 2003, 08:32 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

mike this was a d90 with a 145k miles on it. i believe the lady that owned it first, put most of those miles on it driving from new jersy to the new england area for ski trips which = alot of winter driving.never less the thing was a bucket of rust under the skin.so im probably going just a little over border on the rebuild everything is galv.,stainless steel,powder coated, or por 15.
Old November 8th, 2003, 06:47 AM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
Sounds good. I've got to drop a new rad in mine soon, blasted thing runs hot.
Hope it's an internally blocked rad and nothing in the engine internals
Old November 8th, 2003, 09:35 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yes, the clutch line is different on the TDI. I am in no rush so as soon as you find out just let me know.

Randy
Old November 14th, 2003, 11:09 AM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

randy-man i am pissed! sorry i didnt fill you in yesterday,but i just talked to those line guys again today.well as of wed morning they have not seen my box and didnt not know where it was, so call back thurs. thurs day morning box was still lost they said they call me by noon. which they did-and they needed a discription of the box-well its 5 feet tall and brown.called back around 2 they found my box-great news.......no way, call us back fri morning.so today talked to them just now and was told over $400...what????so asked him what about the starting around $200 he feed me some crap about a having to make th fitting specialy in house (what a bunch of bull sh*t)i told him i could get them for a 100 less than what he just quoted me man then he really started to shovel out the bullsh*t. they must think i was born yesterday.i really dont think those lines are that complex!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
brake

« Hi all | Lrm »