Spotted in NYC - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 6th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Mark M
Mark Mathews
'94 Beluga Black ST

Spotted in NYC

Earlier tonight I was out having a smoke in front of the hotel I'm staying at when I saw a AA Yellow ST with what looked like a Safari Gard tire carrier driving up Church St. I shouted "Defenders Rock" just as it turned onto Walker. Anyone here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 10th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Talleyrand
John
1998 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M
Earlier tonight I was out having a smoke in front of the hotel I'm staying at when I saw a AA Yellow ST with what looked like a Safari Gard tire carrier driving up Church St. I shouted "Defenders Rock" just as it turned onto Walker. Anyone here?
I think I saw the same 90 on the NJ Turnpike close to Newark airport a few weeks ago.

Here is another NYC one:

You: in a green (I think) NAS 90 going north on FDR Drive, inside lane, a couple of weeks ago
Me: in a dark green 110 with a snorkel heading south on FDR, inside lane, we passed so close that if we'd known we could almost have reached out and high-fived as we passed each other, but traffic was so fast that it was all over in a flash.

Anyone here?
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:44 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talleyrand
I think I saw the same 90 on the NJ Turnpike close to Newark airport a few weeks ago.

Here is another NYC one:

You: in a green (I think) NAS 90 going north on FDR Drive, inside lane, a couple of weeks ago
Me: in a dark green 110 with a snorkel heading south on FDR, inside lane, we passed so close that if we'd known we could almost have reached out and high-fived as we passed each other, but traffic was so fast that it was all over in a flash.

Anyone here?
ah yeah i saw you!! I was in the Coniston flying down the FDR and i was like "what the heck!?" i never see green 110s so i kind of freaked a bit and threw my hand out the window as i passed you! haha. I didn't know if you saw me or not. the FDR can get a little bit crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Talleyrand
John

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88
ah yeah i saw you!! I was in the Coniston flying down the FDR and i was like "what the heck!?" i never see green 110s so i kind of freaked a bit and threw my hand out the window as i passed you! haha. I didn't know if you saw me or not. the FDR can get a little bit crazy.
Cool ! First time I have passed someone on these boards. A friend of mine is doing some work on my 110 right now up in Enfield, CT, so it is the delights of MTA into GCT for me each day. But when I get it back this coming week it should be one tight driving beast again. But I am driving it back up to Canada to serve on canoe and bike duty for the rest of the summer, Wed night. Otherwise I would have said let's get together and compare rigs!

Cheers,

John
Old August 12th, 2007, 04:15 AM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

anytime you are in NY you let me know. Me, you and Jorge can get together for dinner and drinks and talk Rovers! that is a very sweet 110 from the 5 second glimpse that i saw. I would love to check it out more

Dan
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Talleyrand
John

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88
anytime you are in NY you let me know. Me, you and Jorge can get together for dinner and drinks and talk Rovers! that is a very sweet 110 from the 5 second glimpse that i saw. I would love to check it out more

Dan
Absolutely - will do, Dan. I have never really seen a NAS 90 up close so this sounds good. Will get my friend Jim along also, with his 110 too which has so much kit on it it puts mine to shame. (Jim Leach, has been writing lately for LRM).

Cheers,
John

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat