Spotted in NYC - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Mark M
Status: Offline
Mark Mathews
'94 Beluga Black ST
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: West Hollywood, CA USA
Posts: 155
Spotted in NYC

Earlier tonight I was out having a smoke in front of the hotel I'm staying at when I saw a AA Yellow ST with what looked like a Safari Gard tire carrier driving up Church St. I shouted "Defenders Rock" just as it turned onto Walker. Anyone here?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Talleyrand's Avatar
Talleyrand
Status: Offline
John
1998 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Queens, NYC, NY
Posts: 812
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M
Earlier tonight I was out having a smoke in front of the hotel I'm staying at when I saw a AA Yellow ST with what looked like a Safari Gard tire carrier driving up Church St. I shouted "Defenders Rock" just as it turned onto Walker. Anyone here?
I think I saw the same 90 on the NJ Turnpike close to Newark airport a few weeks ago.

Here is another NYC one:

You: in a green (I think) NAS 90 going north on FDR Drive, inside lane, a couple of weeks ago
Me: in a dark green 110 with a snorkel heading south on FDR, inside lane, we passed so close that if we'd known we could almost have reached out and high-fived as we passed each other, but traffic was so fast that it was all over in a flash.

Anyone here?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:44 PM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talleyrand
I think I saw the same 90 on the NJ Turnpike close to Newark airport a few weeks ago.

Here is another NYC one:

You: in a green (I think) NAS 90 going north on FDR Drive, inside lane, a couple of weeks ago
Me: in a dark green 110 with a snorkel heading south on FDR, inside lane, we passed so close that if we'd known we could almost have reached out and high-fived as we passed each other, but traffic was so fast that it was all over in a flash.

Anyone here?
ah yeah i saw you!! I was in the Coniston flying down the FDR and i was like "what the heck!?" i never see green 110s so i kind of freaked a bit and threw my hand out the window as i passed you! haha. I didn't know if you saw me or not. the FDR can get a little bit crazy.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Talleyrand's Avatar
Talleyrand
Status: Offline
John
1998 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Queens, NYC, NY
Posts: 812
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88
ah yeah i saw you!! I was in the Coniston flying down the FDR and i was like "what the heck!?" i never see green 110s so i kind of freaked a bit and threw my hand out the window as i passed you! haha. I didn't know if you saw me or not. the FDR can get a little bit crazy.
Cool ! First time I have passed someone on these boards. A friend of mine is doing some work on my 110 right now up in Enfield, CT, so it is the delights of MTA into GCT for me each day. But when I get it back this coming week it should be one tight driving beast again. But I am driving it back up to Canada to serve on canoe and bike duty for the rest of the summer, Wed night. Otherwise I would have said let's get together and compare rigs!

Cheers,

John
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 12th, 2007, 04:15 AM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
anytime you are in NY you let me know. Me, you and Jorge can get together for dinner and drinks and talk Rovers! that is a very sweet 110 from the 5 second glimpse that i saw. I would love to check it out more

Dan
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Talleyrand's Avatar
Talleyrand
Status: Offline
John
1998 Defender 110 CSW 300Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Queens, NYC, NY
Posts: 812
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88
anytime you are in NY you let me know. Me, you and Jorge can get together for dinner and drinks and talk Rovers! that is a very sweet 110 from the 5 second glimpse that i saw. I would love to check it out more

Dan
Absolutely - will do, Dan. I have never really seen a NAS 90 up close so this sounds good. Will get my friend Jim along also, with his 110 too which has so much kit on it it puts mine to shame. (Jim Leach, has been writing lately for LRM).

Cheers,
John
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Green SW spotted in Toms River NJ TDI Guy Misc. Chit-Chat 3 September 1st, 2005 09:52 AM
Original cubby box, NYC pickup ONLY NASD90 For Sale - Parts 3 March 1st, 2005 05:31 PM
FS: NAS Fiberglass Top, NYC area NASD90 For Sale - Parts 1 September 1st, 2004 05:17 PM
LR3 Unveiling...in NYC dmarchand Trips, Trails and Events 3 March 29th, 2004 01:44 PM
Spotted flippedrover Misc. Chit-Chat 0 December 24th, 2003 09:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Copyright