Someone between Vegas and Coast? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 28th, 2011, 06:59 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Someone between Vegas and Coast?

My visit with Rob at Southwest Rovers went well, we managed to fix a lot of things. However there are two major things that did not get fixed, one is the heater fan and I just need to get one shipped over to somewhere along my route, the other is the left hand swivel just will not retain preload and it's getting very frustrating, I also have reason to believe my front wheel bearings might need slightly more torque on them.

Basically I need somewhere for Duncan (Brit-Car) to ship the parts to, and ideally a bit of shop space to get this fixed once and for all. It's going to probably take 2-3 (business) days for the parts to arrive so somewhere between LA and SF would be ideal, I can always head to climb for a day or two on the way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 28th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Paul Davis
Paul Davis
97 ST

I am in Vegas and you are more than welcome to ship stuff here, and/or use my garage for that matter.

What exactly are you doing though? Only because I should tell my wife if there is going to be another Land Rover around and the garage may be out of commission for a little bit.
Old January 29th, 2011, 01:00 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Looks like they will not be ready to ship until Monday or Tuesday which means the ideal location will likely be San Francisco depending on how much time I spend at Joshua Tree if I head that way or Black Rock Playa if I head that way

I am thinking about heading out around Blue Diamond today though if you feel like hitting some trails. I get email on my phone at ajh at offroad101 dot ca. I'm most likely heading out first thing tomorrow but could do trails before leaving town as well.

So, anyone here near SF? or LA?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2011, 02:43 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Thanks, either would likely work. I don't need to make a decision until Monday so I will go over my maps tonight and figure out what works out best. I am also pretty sure I need to replace my A-frame balljoint which is always fun!

Old January 29th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Paul Davis
Paul Davis
97 ST

Sorry I am just reading this so I missed the opportunity to hit some trails. I live south off Blue Diamond and Jones a couple of miles so you probably drove past my house!

Good luck.
Old January 29th, 2011, 06:51 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Actually I got distracted and am near the best buy now tinkering with my fip, wouldn't mind checking the loose swivel and pulling a shim if you wouldn't mine loaning a jack for a few minutes, just pm me your address I am likely nearby I would prefer the swivel be too tight rather than loose until the new bushings and pin arrive.

Old January 31st, 2011, 01:43 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

Should be in Monterey, Ca tonight if anyone is near there and could loan access to a jack I'd really like to tighten up the floppy swivel, just pm with contact info.

Old January 31st, 2011, 07:21 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
You don't carry a jack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh View Post
Should be in Monterey, Ca tonight if anyone is near there and could loan access to a jack I'd really like to tighten up the floppy swivel, just pm with contact info.
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:15 AM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Andrew,

You might also want to check on lrrforums.com as they have a very large NorCal contingent on there, or the NCLR web page at nclrclub.org.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
gas