Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 15th, 2016, 08:32 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90Overkill View Post
And you'll be happier knowing you went with the up-rated level of safety. Congrats!
that was a consideration! But seriously the SWB needs a soft top and stereo. The former is sorted, now to kill the 300TDI noise and get that safety factor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2016, 08:38 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Thanks for all the feedback, excited to go topless! Also very excited to not be putting my passengers lives in danger any more then they already are
Old April 21st, 2016, 06:46 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Really need to thank D90 for helping me source all the additional parts I needed to mount my cage. Thought it would take longer than 24 hours! Thanks D-source!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2016, 07:44 PM
Chowbird
Tim
'84 D90

Any chance of posting pics and narrative of the conversion? I'd love to do that setup in the near future. Thx.
Old April 25th, 2016, 08:22 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowbird View Post
Any chance of posting pics and narrative of the conversion? I'd love to do that setup in the near future. Thx.
Good chance since it looks like I will be removing the rear bulkhead and doing the full underbody and W bar attachment points.

going to be a fair amount of work, figure I will rhino-line the bed (or equivalent when I am done) since re-painting it will be a lot of work and ultimately I plan on doing something different in the rear (puma forward facing seats on custom loadspace liner)

I think I will have the clearance with my filler neck to fit the underbody bar, anyone with a 90ST want to snap some underbody photos?
Old April 25th, 2016, 08:47 AM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPT90 View Post
Good chance since it looks like I will be removing the rear bulkhead and doing the full underbody and W bar attachment points.

going to be a fair amount of work, figure I will rhino-line the bed (or equivalent when I am done) since re-painting it will be a lot of work and ultimately I plan on doing something different in the rear (puma forward facing seats on custom loadspace liner)

I think I will have the clearance with my filler neck to fit the underbody bar, anyone with a 90ST want to snap some underbody photos?
Here is a 90SV, they didnt have the NAS tub, looks like it all fits. But I have no idea how their fuel tank compares to yours, or if they even use the under body bar.

Old April 25th, 2016, 08:50 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90 View Post
Here is a 90SV, they didnt have the NAS tub, looks like it all fits. But I have no idea how their fuel tank compares to yours, or if they even use the under body bar.

Yes the under body bar fits very close to the wheel hubs and looks like it would slip past the fuel filler.

I am hopeful, I need to address the rear wiring and I think some line-x would help with road noise in the back as well. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is a straightforward install

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
conversion, soft top, top