SoCal.. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 21st, 2012, 04:52 PM
Chris luciano
72 Series 3 88"

I am in the pre planning stages of a mini vacation to California in October for our anniversary. My brother in law is in Huntington Beach, Im going to check out some of the other towns in Orange County, daydreaming of relocating. Any recommendations? Been to La Jolla once and SF but never OC.

Old August 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM
Defenders Northwest
D-90 Source Vendor
Laguna Beach (north end), Cars & Coffee in Irvine on Sat mornings, rent a bike and cruise Newport, fly/ferry to Avalon for a day, rent an Elise and go have a burger at Hells Kitchen on Ortega Hwy, etc...

Old August 21st, 2012, 06:15 PM
aaron lam
1997 Alpine White D90 SW #2212
Irvine was just voted 6 best place to live: But it's pretty blah... very suburbia.

Huntington Beach is pretty great. The city of Orange has an old town main street that's nice.

Going south...
Dana Point is further south and really great. If you continue towards San Diego... my favorite fish taco stand is in Carlsbad (Cessy's). Solano Beach is a neat town also... lots of antiques and furniture stores.

Going north...
Manhattan Beach is great. I'd skip Long Beach. Or what you could do is drive PCH from Huntington over the bridge over Long Beach port to San Pedro around Palos Verdes (by Trump golf course)... great views of Santa Monica and Catalina... than continue up through Redondo/Hermosa/Manhattan.

Depends a little on what you want to do. Are you going up to LA? Anything particular to eat?
Old August 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie
For relocating - San Diego is the place. Mountains, beaches, deserts, lots of open space to hike, bike. L.A. is far enough away to not influence the area but still close enough if you want to check it out. Yosemite is about 6 hours. Weather is fantastic year round. We moved from Florida in 99 and will never go back.
I know you mentioned La Jolla but that is not really a true representation of S.D. O... diversity of industry is incredible - military, hi-tech, bio-tech, manufacturing, etc. it is all here.

If you doing the anniversary thing take a trip over to Catalina. That is a nice get away for the day.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat