So I'm screwed - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 8th, 2007, 01:09 AM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

So I'm screwed

I recently moved to Richmond, VA and have been here long enough to begin to covet the RRC (and Disco) a couple houses up the street. So, I saved some scratch and convinced the wife since we moved to here home town, and we no longer have a Rover that it's time I got a beater to work on with the new garage. I find a good deal (Jimmy, I really am sending you something as soon as I get a chance to ship it) and get it home. Water pump goes out (no big deal, as long as it isn't the head gasket too) and I've got the top up this afternoon after work putting in the wrench time. New neighbor with the RRC drives down the alley, admittedly because he's seen the truck and saw me working on it, wanted to introduce himself. We exchange pleasantries and talk rovers when he says it, he's a rover tech at the local dealer and he'd gladly lend me a hand when I need it. If there's ever a special tool for something just give him a shout. He even has the same year RRC as me.
Kick ass.

Then it hits me, Rover Kharma. We all know about it, so I have to ask, what do I have to do to keep my truck from catching fire now and burning down my house? Is there a special ceremony and I can pick the necessary sacrifices up from Rovers North or RDS? George has to have something for this right? I can't have moved just down the street from a guy that can diagnose every problem this thing could have and not be expecting catastrophe...

Help me please, thanks in advance.

Follow-up Post:

And to follow up, the guy's quite nice, and I have nothing but good things to say about my dealings with LR RIchmond from my D-90/DII days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 8th, 2007, 12:26 PM
kiefffff
Keith Rider
1994 Portofino ST: #217

Registry
Congrats on the new old rover. I have to second your follow up post about LR Richmond. Nothing but good things to say.
Old February 9th, 2007, 07:14 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

There is a ceremony I have heard of but never seen it. Most of the ingredients come from under the truck, some not. Here we go... You will need:

2 servings of blood pudding, 2 tablespoons (spelling) goldern syrup, 1/2 cup dirt from all 4 wheel wells, 2 splashes of tranny oil, 4 drips of oil, 1 Liptons tea bag, a cadburys Flake chocolate bar, your service manual and a photo (from a magazine of a Jeep).

Make one pot of tea with the tea bag. While eating 1 serving of blood pudding add the above items to the pot, reserving both the manual and the photo.

This ceremony should be performed over an oil stain from the rover that is in the driveway. Make sure you never face the house, your family, other cars or anyone you love. Once the "tea" is mixed, and you have finished vomiting the blood pudding, face the end of your driveway, place the Jeep photo on the driveway and then place one hand on the truck. With the other hand hold the tea pot and have a gulp. Either spit it out or vomit it onto the Jeep picture. Immediately say :
"By order of her royal majesty the Queen and for country, family, and sanity I command all be well with this truck (fill in name if relevent) and may any porblems be placed on this Jeep."

I have heard this is best performed at sunrise, but who knows...
If it does not work, repeat but add 12 drops of knuckle blood to the mix.

Goodluck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 9th, 2007, 08:05 PM
RoverChic
D-90 Source P.I.
02 D2, 13 E350 AMG, 11 Ford F350

I am soo happy for you! Many Congrats! Pics??
Old February 9th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Lightbulb

I heard you have to wear a LR hat backwards, continuously pat your gut with one hand, yank on the lobe of your left ear with your free hand - keep rythm.
Then, without looking at the truck from the beginning of the ceremony to the end, rub your bare ass against each body panel in an anti-clockwise manner. Your body may not lose contact with the vehicle so it is suggested that you avoid a sequence resulting in potenial entanglement with a high lift jack or hot CAT Back exhaust. You must chant "shaaaahman" over and over.

This must be performed/begun at the stroke of midnight to the tune of "Man down under". You know the ceremony worked if you blast one out the "back end" at the end of the ritual. Continue until said blast occurs. Richmond police also recognize this as a courting ritual so no fear of them interupting your ceremony.

Disclaimer: Although often tempted, I have never performed this ritual. This was passed down to a friend of mine from a tribal Aboriginy named "buttafirenutbump." Apparently, when performed in reverse this disables unwelcome rovers in the out back.

Suggest you practice on your house before attempting the ceremony on a live vehicle.
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:29 AM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Oh thank goodness, I was beginning to get desperate.

I definately have all the fluids necessary for the first, they're "slow" leaks...
Will try tonight and let you know what works. The install of the new water pump will be the first test.

RoverChic, will post some pics when I get some taken and sized.
Old February 10th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Mark M
Mark Mathews
'94 Beluga Black ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake
I heard you have to wear a LR hat backwards, continuously pat your gut with one hand, yank on the lobe of your left ear with your free hand - keep rythm.
Then, without looking at the truck from the beginning of the ceremony to the end, rub your bare ass against each body panel in an anti-clockwise manner. Your body may not lose contact with the vehicle so it is suggested that you avoid a sequence resulting in potenial entanglement with a high lift jack or hot CAT Back exhaust. You must chant "shaaaahman" over and over.

This must be performed/begun at the stroke of midnight to the tune of "Man down under". You know the ceremony worked if you blast one out the "back end" at the end of the ritual. Continue until said blast occurs. Richmond police also recognize this as a courting ritual so no fear of them interupting your ceremony.

Disclaimer: Although often tempted, I have never performed this ritual. This was passed down to a friend of mine from a tribal Aboriginy named "buttafirenutbump." Apparently, when performed in reverse this disables unwelcome rovers in the out back.

Suggest you practice on your house before attempting the ceremony on a live vehicle.
Wax on, Wax off?
Old February 10th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M
Wax on, Wax off?
Hmmm, Hadn't thought of that...but it may be prudent. A thorough body waxing could prevent the build up and discharge of static electricty which may prove to be untimely and errr, disassterous.

So anybody still curious about how I got the name "Shake Two-Socks?" It was good to be young once.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat