So how is this possibly legal...not that it is not awesome - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old January 29th, 2009, 09:31 AM
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE
Originally Posted by TravelerBT
I am an FFL dealer in Colorado. Had a fully automatic (legal) ak47 that I bought for 6k 3 years ago, and sold it for 14k about 8 days ago... certainly a good investment. Class III transfer takes about 6 months (or it used to) for the background check Suppressors (silencers ) are also legal with a Class III transfer. You can get a suppressor for a threaded glock barrel for about 1200 bucks or so, depending on the brand etc.
Here in MD , depending on the County ( wether the Law Enforcement Chief is Sheriff Dept or State Police ) to obtain the signature of the Chief Law Enforcement , but where I live , I get the signature the same or next day, then Fingerprint anyday of the week if you want to go different counties, and then submit to BATF , all together is max 60 days, my last Class III took only 35 days.

As far as 1200 for a Glock suppressor......,well, I bought my barrel ( threaded incl the thread protector ) for 125.00 ( black - you can get SS for 105 ), and my Trinity Suppressor for 562.00, maybe what you meant is INCLUDING the Glock?

1988 110 Tdi
1987 110 2.5 N/A
2006 D3 HSE7
Old January 30th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen
You guys have all the luck.

Here in the UK, you'd get lynched by the police for carrying a spoon.

in fact, if you even leave the house with a smile you're in deep sh!t!

Old January 30th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110
Originally Posted by Stmpede
"childproof guns"? You've got to be kidding me! Will it be designed by the drug companies so only the kids can figure it out like their bottles?
They know there is no such thing and never will be, its just their way of shuffling in microstamping, bullet serializing and whatever other bullshit hoops they will make a manufacturer go through to eventually shut their doors for good due to the trouble and expense to comply with their ridiculous laws.

May his administration die a death from a thousand cuts.

A guy told me one time "don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat from around the corner"

Robert Deniro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat