Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 7th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Firefighter2904
jason
97 d-90

So after a long wait the Defender is at ECR

Hey guys,

Im Pretty excited about this. After about a year or so on the waiting list my Defender is now at ECR.

I am sure my project wont make the web page and most of you would be bored by my project list but I want this truck to stick around for a long time.

After a 4+ hour ride to Rockland, my wife and I had the opportunity to finally meet Holly and she is the BEST. I dont think Mike was in when I droped off my truck or maybe he was busy fixing Defenders. So Holly made Ian come outside and go over my punch list and make me feel better that I was leaving my mid-life crisis vehicle with strangers

My wife assured me that the Defender would be happy with all the other Defenders in the kitty corral.

You have no idea the smile I had on my face when we rolled up and there were Defenders every where. The place was like crack for Rover fans. The shop was amazing. I only got to look through the shop windows and probably smeared my face on them!

I am off to Afghanistan in 25 days so I look forward to seeing my truck in a year, and if I dont make it my wife will have one sweet ass ride!

And Mike if you read this, Holly and Ian are great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 7th, 2009, 10:28 PM
D90user
steve
109/110 ambulance-55 series I

I bet it will be great Jason, what are you having done?

You'll make it back, dont talk like that. Especially with a ECR shiny defender waiting for you.... oh ya, and a wife too!
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:21 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Man good luck to you and watch your 6... With that fool we have in the White House this may turn into another Somalia

PS where in NH are U ? Im in Exeter
Advertisement

Old October 7th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Good Luck Jason! x2 on your list of things to have done...
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Yeah or maybe another Beirut. Hey Firefighter, come back safe. Congrats, and hope the ECR project turns out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90DRC
Man good luck to you and watch your 6... With that fool we have in the White House this may turn into another Somalia
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:52 AM
zimm
bart
anyone moves..... #238 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90DRC

PS where in NH are U ? Im in Exeter
does it ever end? we all know your opinion of the president, but does it have to be in every thread?

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter2904

I am off to Afghanistan in 25 days so I look forward to seeing my truck in a year, and if I dont make it my wife will have one sweet ass ride!

good luck, and represent us with pride. i hope you get more backup with a troop surge.
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:19 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Mike should put it on the website. He put up a couple small projects recently.
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:55 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

The evaluation on the 90 is done. I'm just going over it now.
If the work list is more than just service then it will go on the web site, but we still need to discuss what the work list and desired end result is going to be.
Thanks for the kind words and Holly should be emailing your evaluation to you later today.
I was here, sorry I didn't get a chance to see you (I will when you pick it up. I was knee deep in UK phone calls.
Stay safe and the 90 is now safe and sound behind the gate with all its "Defender friends".

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:09 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Hey guys,

Im Pretty excited about this. After about a year or so on the waiting list my Defender is now at ECR.
How cool. You're living what a lot of us just dream about. I would love to have the ceremonial ECR "laying of the hands" on my truck one day.

Stay safe over there. You guys are heroes. Thank you.
Old October 8th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Firefighter2904
jason
97 d-90

Hey guys,

Thank you for all the well wishes, I plan on being as safe as I can and getting all my guys home.

As soon as I get to talk to Mike about the evaluation that I just got in my email, I can post a list of stuff that they are gonna do.

Their evaluation of my truck is pretty damn scary to be honest. I have a feeling most of the stuff I WANTED done will have to be sacrificed for stuff that HAS to be done to keep her in good working condition.

Im not your typical ECR customer as far as deep pockets go. I saved money here and there with hopes of being able to send her there one day. Good thing the wait list is so long! lol

Mike I figured you were busy, and I am really glad my truck is there.

Jason
Old October 8th, 2009, 02:13 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
[
Stay safe over there. You guys are heroes. Thank you.[/QUOTE] x2 Jason.
Old October 8th, 2009, 02:51 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thank you for all the well wishes, I plan on being as safe as I can and getting all my guys home.

As soon as I get to talk to Mike about the evaluation that I just got in my email, I can post a list of stuff that they are gonna do.

Their evaluation of my truck is pretty damn scary to be honest. I have a feeling most of the stuff I WANTED done will have to be sacrificed for stuff that HAS to be done to keep her in good working condition.

Im not your typical ECR customer as far as deep pockets go. I saved money here and there with hopes of being able to send her there one day. Good thing the wait list is so long! lol

Jason
Don't get worried by the evaluation. It doesn't mean all that stuff has to be done. That is just a base-line for your truck as judged against one that had just rolled off the assembly line. It just gives us both an equal ground floor to start with as now both of us know exactly what the condition your 90 is as of today.
If I did an evaluation on my own 90 it would be scary too.
Once you look it over I'll send over a list of stuff I would suggest, then you can look that over and combine it with the things you wanted and we'll have our work list. Its all driven by you, we'll do as much or as little as you like.

The deep pockets thing is a myth. Yes, we build high end projects, but the shop always has service Defenders in here too where we help the owner with used parts or just do a small job. Just did a 90 where the customer was doing just a top, and another one just in for a running issue and nothing more. The web site is packed with the larger projects so the myth developed that we only do high end stuff. I gave up trying to fight that myth years ago. As long as actual customers were happy I don't care what the on-lookers think.

Once you digest the evaluation drop me an email with your thoughts.

Safely home is your goal.

Old October 8th, 2009, 03:01 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Hey guys,

Jason
I always say that you can give me any defender (including my own) and I can find 5-10k of work it should have done, but that if it were mine it is usually only a fraction of that which is currently mission critical. When I worked at the dealer after the tech (and I if it was a defender) looked the truck over I would explain the issues to the customer and tell them what was most important and what could wait and what would be cheaper to do now and what might get worse and be more expensive etc. A lot of people just said do it all (which was good for us), but most people were appreciative of the explanation and would do the mission critical things and come back for service repeatedly as opposed to just dumping the truck at the spectre of a 5k repair bill (which meant that we got no work out of it, not that we were ever short work, but still). I am sure ECR is similar (and probably does an even better job). Better to have it all things you know about than be blissfully ignorant.

If you want to email me the list I can give you my 2 cents on prioritizing things too with the understanding that I have not seen the truck and obviously ECR knows it better and I am assuming we would give you similar advice. evilfij attt yahoooo dottt com
Old October 8th, 2009, 04:45 PM
rover26c
Lee
1994 D90 ST

Jason - glad your truck is finally at ECR. Let me guess you received a 4 to 5 pages of evaluation from ECR? This shop is so detailed that every small things (damaged, scratched parts, etc) they noticed. Also, want to add customer service; i.e. Holly and Mike are top notch! Email turn around time is very quick.

Mike, any update from me? Hopefully, you did not forget about me

Lee

Quote:
Hey guys,

Jason
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:17 AM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

[QUOTE=zimm]does it ever end? we all know your opinion of the president, but does it have to be in every thread?

I find in funny that ASSHATS like youself feel compelled to admonish me for a comments not directed towards you....

I don't believe Ive posting anything with political overtones in a long time. I'm sorry if any negative comments about Obama hurt your delicate liberal sensibilities...

FWIW any combat troops out there fully understands the direct impact Obama has towards their life and will agree with the intent of my comment..

Make sure you spell my name correctly when you turn me into Homeland security you sound like the little snitch type Bravo Male
Old October 9th, 2009, 02:32 AM
D90user
steve
109/110 ambulance-55 series I

Gentlemen. Could I respectfully ask that this wrangling re: Obama be be hashed out in a newly created thread named "El Presidente". This thread is about our friend Jason and his Defender.
Old October 9th, 2009, 07:39 AM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

For a second there I thought I was on the Disco web.
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:00 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover26c

Mike, any update from me? Hopefully, you did not forget about me

Lee

Thanks Lee, Holly will be glad to hear she is appreciated.
Couple more service trucks ahead of your 90, but very soon.

I guess I missed some deleted posts last night as this thread doesn't make much sense to me this morning.

Old October 9th, 2009, 11:01 AM
ORover
Fred
NAS 110s #24 and #466

Wow, that's really cool. Just for fun, I added up all of the things I would want on my 110 after reviewing the ECR site for about 4 days....that is the best sales tool ever! Obvious things are making rig faster and the interior quieter, auto trans, extra fuel tank and the pursuit engine. Better HVAC system too. That's probaby $25k before getting to all of the the fun goodies. If I sent my 110 to ECR I would have my wife send the check and never tell me the cost, ignorance is bliss!

Quote:
Hey guys,

I am sure my project wont make the web page and most of you would be bored by my project list but I want this truck to stick around for a long time.

After a 4+ hour ride to Rockland, my wife and I had the opportunity to finally meet Holly and she is the BEST. I dont think Mike was in when I droped off my truck or maybe he was busy fixing Defenders. So Holly made Ian come outside and go over my punch list and make me feel better that I was leaving my mid-life crisis vehicle with strangers

My wife assured me that the Defender would be happy with all the other Defenders in the kitty corral.

You have no idea the smile I had on my face when we rolled up and there were Defenders every where. The place was like crack for Rover fans. The shop was amazing. I only got to look through the shop windows and probably smeared my face on them!

And Mike if you read this, Holly and Ian are great.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ecr