Snoty chicks in Range Rovers. - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 16th, 2010, 06:07 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

I actually get more attention from Land Cruiser owners then in second is the wrangler types who give the I wish i really had a Defender stare....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2010, 06:34 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
The 90 owners in town will usually throw a wave/wave back a couple don't but meh, not a big deal. Some Jeepers will wave too and I'll wave back especially if it has an off-road mod or 2. Many of them are very enthusiastic which is cool.

Like Phillip, Range Rover Sports are all over the place. Unless they wave to me (which is very rare) I won't even give them a nod. I am not surprised at all that you got that reaction Peter. A RRC or Disco 1 or 2 with mods will get a wave as of course any Series rig.

To be honestm, the ones that throw me off in my area are the orange Disco 2 G4 and fully decked out Jeep JK 2 door with 37" Interco and a bunch of other add-ons. I wave and they are oblivious and give a look like I'm insane.
Old December 16th, 2010, 10:47 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
the 90 owners in town will usually throw a wave/wave back a couple don't but meh, not a big deal. Some jeepers will wave too and i'll wave back especially if it has an off-road mod or 2. Many of them are very enthusiastic which is cool.

Like phillip, range rover sports are all over the place. Unless they wave to me (which is very rare) i won't even give them a nod. I am not surprised at all that you got that reaction peter. A rrc or disco 1 or 2 with mods will get a wave as of course any series rig.

To be honestm, the ones that throw me off in my area are the orange disco 2 g4 and fully decked out jeep jk 2 door with 37" interco and a bunch of other add-ons. I wave and they are oblivious and give a look like i'm insane.
x2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2010, 11:31 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Never once got a wave or nod from a Defender owner in Nantucket, and I see at least six per day. Guess the vehicles are way too common and the owners are way too cool here...oh well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 17th, 2010, 11:48 AM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Brian doesn't wave because the garage door is closed when he sits in the truck.
True, if I were to take it out on the road and get the thing dirty it would lose a lot of value...

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old December 17th, 2010, 07:55 PM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
I used to work at a lr dealership, it is funny that a few of this owners will trow an extra 15 to 20 k in "lr mods" to give it the g4 look but will never use the truck to a fraction of their capacity.... their way of thinking "it looks cool"
I just dont see paying up to 5,000 bucks for a warn winch but that is the cost of lr dealer custom.
many of these owners are not even aware that land rover goes back so many years and many models.
to them their truck is nothing but bling....
Old December 17th, 2010, 08:07 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

I have the only Defender in town here. I have only been acknowledged once by another rover of any kind. A young guy in a D1 almost crashed looking at the Defender. The Jeep thing is funny. Half will completely ignore you sitting next to you at the light. You can sense that they are trying really hard to not look over in rover penis envy. The other half give you the wave or the thumbs up as to say "your different, but we have the same goal" in a friendly way.
And I love you too
Old December 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCAT110 View Post
Never once got a wave or nod from a Defender owner in Nantucket, and I see at least six per day. Guess the vehicles are way too common and the owners are way too cool here...oh well.
You'd have to be waving every thirty seconds down there!
Old December 18th, 2010, 10:43 AM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
I don't have that problem. Think it might just be ya'll.

Did have one guy in a yellow 90 look at me like I was crazy for waving at him when we passed each other when was driving the 90. He had a Stanford sticker on his truck so I figured that was the reason he couldn't wave. Lack of social skills and all.
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:46 PM
IPSC_GUY
Peter/Lesbo
1983 110, 1985 110, 1993 110...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
Peter.. was she hot at least?

Did you get a free peek ( since you seat higher ) ?

*LOL*

She was hot, Not NEARLY as HOT as my Girlfriend but hot.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Gren_T
Gren Thomas
1985 90 300tdi auto

Hi Peter if the beastie is the truck i think it is ( i used to pass it on my way to work) i'm not surprised she got on her phone.

look at it her way.. she don't she a caring guy wearing a I love kittens sweat shirt who has a taste in odd looking brit trucks, she sees an extra from the hills have eyes 3 gurning and waving .. bet there is a mattress in the back and lots of paracord

shame Neil was not in the pass seat, she would have left a smoking trail on the green light.

regards all
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:08 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gren_T View Post
Hi Peter if the beastie is the truck i think it is ( i used to pass it on my way to work) i'm not surprised she got on her phone.

look at it her way.. she don't she a caring guy wearing a I love kittens sweat shirt who has a taste in odd looking brit trucks, she sees an extra from the hills have eyes 3 gurning and waving .. bet there is a mattress in the back and lots of paracord

shame Neil was not in the pass seat, she would have left a smoking trail on the green light.

regards all
She probably was dialing 9-1-1
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:18 AM
MikeRuby
Mike Ruby
'95 D90 #2523

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCAT110 View Post
Ken, Maybe just one wave...? Although admittedly, my truck could use detail work, and I could probably join Peter and Neil as extras in The Hills Have Eyes 4...
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I got a nice big thumbs up and smile from a hottie in a new Range Rover. Outside of Doylestown PA on Rt. 611. I just gave her a friendly nod and a wave back. Then she left me in the dust after the light changed. I think she was married.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
IPSC_GUY
Peter/Lesbo
1983 110, 1985 110, 1993 110...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gren_T View Post

look at it her this way.. she don't she a caring guy wearing a I love kittens sweat shirt who has a taste in odd looking brit trucks, she sees an extra from the hills have eyes 3 gurning and waving .. bet there is a mattress in the back and lots of paracord

regards all
I don't have any pics but these of the Beastie is this her?

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...light=IPSC_GUY

No mattress but the beasty has the fully enclosed mesh dog cage thing going on...

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

FWIW I really like the Beastie and from time to time I really consider not doing the full blown resto on her that is planned and just driving her the way she is... then the dream of the galvy framed, 3.9Lt diesel painted desret tan with the SD cage and other goodies comes to mind...
Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:44 PM
Eric N
Eric N
98 Disco

I'd say 90% of the people that buy a new land rover these days do it more as a status symbol to impress people and make themselves feel important more than anything else. I bet almost all of them don't have a clue about the history of Land Rover. It's a different crowd. Where I live (Northern VA/Metro D.C. Area) they are every where. I don't wave to anyone any more unless they have an old series or a modified truck. I also wave to folks in Jeeps and Toyotas that are modified as well and not just the single finger salute either.

just my 2 cents.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
range rover