Smithtown Ford Dealer - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:39 PM
jpc181818
Status: Offline
james
1998 Discovery
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Commack, NY
Posts: 39
Smithtown Ford Dealer

So,
I put solar panels on my house and want to pick up an electric car.
I was going to buy a tesla S, but i cant wait a year.
I decided to hit up the local ford dealer.

People were great, put 2k down and they were going to give me a decent $$ for my bmw trade.

Go to get the car today, they told me that the car was already sold yesterday to somebody else.


These people make me crazy, dont understand how they can be so unorganized....??
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:52 PM
woldd90's Avatar
woldd90
Status: Offline
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,329
Someone offered more... Sucks, but car dealers aren't exactly ethical?
__________________
Scott

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:18 PM
hunterjah's Avatar
hunterjah
Status: Offline
Jesse Hardin
Past: '97 D90 LE #135
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 275
So, I know this is the misc. thread, but is there a LR reference here? I guess just doing your part to be "green".
__________________
Current Stable:
2016 BMW M3 (Mineral Grey)
2013 Ford Raptor (Tuxedo Black)

Previous Rovers:
1997 LR D90 LE - #135
1997 LR D90 ST - #1185 (BRG)
2000 LR Discovery SII (Oxford Blue)
2008 LR LR3 HSE (Alaska White)
2012 LR LR4 Lux (Fuji White)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:21 PM
DOX's Avatar
DOX
Status: Offline
Eric Doxey
1995 Defender 90
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Smithtown, Long Island, NY, United States
Posts: 223
Registry
If you need a contact for a ford local let me know. I work for a Land Rover dealer and deal with a Ford Fleet dealer who buy some cars from me for a few of there customers.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:41 PM
bossman429's Avatar
bossman429
Status: Offline
Adrian
1988 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ, USA
Posts: 1,416
Registry
What car were you going with. One of the plug in hybrids?
__________________
1967 Series IIa 109 5 Door - Work in progress
'98 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:52 PM
founD90's Avatar
founD90
Status: Offline
Dr. Gonzo
1994 D90 #48
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Woody Creek
Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterjah View Post
So, I know this is the misc. thread, but is there a LR reference here? I guess just doing your part to be "green".
As I have been reminded a number of times over the years, this is Chit-Chat, any subject is welcome. (Except guns.)

If you've read this section over the years, you'd know that complaining about a Ford dealer is about as innocuous as this section gets.

To the OP, I know a local Ford dealer in Illinois if that helps, let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:06 AM
ArmyRover's Avatar
ArmyRover
Status: Offline
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 1,617
I'm guessing the electric Focus
__________________
"If you can't stand behind our Soldiers, than by all means feel free to stand in front of them"

Unknown Author


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 12th, 2013, 01:57 AM
hunterjah's Avatar
hunterjah
Status: Offline
Jesse Hardin
Past: '97 D90 LE #135
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by founD90 View Post

As I have been reminded a number of times over the years, this is Chit-Chat, any subject is welcome. (Except guns.)

If you've read this section over the years, you'd know that complaining about a Ford dealer is about as innocuous as this section gets.

To the OP, I know a local Ford dealer in Illinois if that helps, let me know.
I'm just pissed I can'tsee the guns thread anymore.I just got my first AR!
__________________
Current Stable:
2016 BMW M3 (Mineral Grey)
2013 Ford Raptor (Tuxedo Black)

Previous Rovers:
1997 LR D90 LE - #135
1997 LR D90 ST - #1185 (BRG)
2000 LR Discovery SII (Oxford Blue)
2008 LR LR3 HSE (Alaska White)
2012 LR LR4 Lux (Fuji White)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:13 AM
geoellis's Avatar
geoellis
Status: Offline
George
1995 D90 #2904 - BB
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Long Island of NY
Posts: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterjah View Post
I'm just pissed I can'tsee the guns thread anymore.I just got my first AR!
Check out the Mud Pit.
__________________
1997 P38 4.6
1998 P38 4.0
2011 LR4
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:12 AM
jpc181818
Status: Offline
james
1998 Discovery
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Commack, NY
Posts: 39
Yea, its the electric focus. Car is really sweet.
The manager called me and supposedly all but one of their electrics were purchased by a corporation for their fleet.
I will look around for the one i want.
Just needed to vent
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:40 AM
rover4x4's Avatar
rover4x4
Status: Offline
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Old North State
Posts: 7,523
Registry
Chevy Volt!!
__________________
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:57 AM
RobTheGob's Avatar
RobTheGob
Status: Offline
Rob
1963 IIa 88 & 1995 NAS D-90 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 66
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc181818 View Post
I decided to hit up the local ford dealer.

People were great, put 2k down and they were going to give me a decent $$ for my bmw trade.

Go to get the car today, they told me that the car was already sold yesterday to somebody else.


These people make me crazy, dont understand how they can be so unorganized....??
If they appraised your trade and you put money down - surely there must have been a contract involved. I can't imagine a jurisdiction around that wouldn't have very clear laws to back up a written contract - especially a contract from a car dealership...

Most businesses would do just about anything for you at this point - in order to avoid the hassles of not living up to their word. I'd explain to them very clearly what you want, letting them know that the next contact would be from your lawyer and/or the department of consumer affairs...

I personally wouldn't let them off the hook very easily.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer
Status: Offline
JP
2008 RRSC
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northeast
Posts: 919
Registry
DId you go with Solar City for your residential solar? What production/insolation factor did they give you for Long Island?
__________________
"These are the best traveled nuts on d-90 . . ." ABrooks
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:32 AM
bossman429's Avatar
bossman429
Status: Offline
Adrian
1988 90
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ, USA
Posts: 1,416
Registry
My pops works at park ford in Putnam county. If you'd like I can see if they have any in stock
__________________
1967 Series IIa 109 5 Door - Work in progress
'98 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:55 PM
jpc181818
Status: Offline
james
1998 Discovery
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Commack, NY
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTheGob View Post
If they appraised your trade and you put money down - surely there must have been a contract involved. I can't imagine a jurisdiction around that wouldn't have very clear laws to back up a written contract - especially a contract from a car dealership...

Most businesses would do just about anything for you at this point - in order to avoid the hassles of not living up to their word. I'd explain to them very clearly what you want, letting them know that the next contact would be from your lawyer and/or the department of consumer affairs...

I personally wouldn't let them off the hook very easily.

I didnt have a written contract, only verbal.
I was only an hour or so from picking up the car when the manager called.
Its all good, i went to Syosett ford and they matched their offer plus gave me an extra 1500.
So it all worked out for me.

------ Follow up post added January 12th, 2013 09:57 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4 View Post
Chevy Volt!!
Im 6'2"
When the seat is moved for me to drive, there is 2 inched between the top of my seat nd the bottom of the rear seat. The volt is super small too.

------ Follow up post added January 12th, 2013 10:01 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
DId you go with Solar City for your residential solar? What production/insolation factor did they give you for Long Island?
Did them myself and purchase all i needed from wholesalesolar.com.
I picked up solaredge inverter/optimizers with 26 250-watt panels.(6.5 kw total)
Sick deal if you are mechanically inclined.
I saved north of 20k.
I cant take all of the credit, i did have an electrician do all of the wiring.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer
Status: Offline
JP
2008 RRSC
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northeast
Posts: 919
Registry
Were you able to get all the credits/grants, etc? Should be almost free after all rebates and what not.
__________________
"These are the best traveled nuts on d-90 . . ." ABrooks
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:30 PM
jpc181818
Status: Offline
james
1998 Discovery
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Commack, NY
Posts: 39
I will do my taxes in a few weeks.
My accountant said it should be close to getting all of my investment back.
Worst case, im looking a a year or two payback.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Duraspark replacement Ignition Control Module ICM jcasteel Defender Technical Discussions 0 June 7th, 2005 02:28 PM
Ford going after another LR based company chrisvonc Misc. Chit-Chat 14 July 29th, 2004 04:19 AM
Ford could close Solihull? Trigger Misc. Chit-Chat 4 May 31st, 2004 12:55 AM
My vote for Worst LRNA Dealer Eric Siepmann Misc. Chit-Chat 10 March 19th, 2004 07:59 PM
New Rover 9in almost ready Buckon37s Misc. Chit-Chat 55 November 12th, 2003 02:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Copyright