Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 15th, 2014, 10:31 AM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christocat View Post

So yes, there are some of us Defender driving divas out there!
Back in the nineties I had an interesting chat with the sales manager at San Jose Land Rover. They used their few Defenders as bait to get people onto the lot then tried to up sell the shoppers into the more expensive Discovery.

When the salesman talked with someone looking at a Defender they would steer the conversation to a comparison between the Defender with the higher priced Discovery. They would tell the shopper how much more practical the Discovery was. Especially if there was a family involved. He said that most of the time when a man came in to buy a Defender they convinced him to drive away in a new Discovery. But if a woman came onto the lot looking for a Defender that is almost always what she drove away with. At the time of the conversation San Jose Land Rover had sold more Defenders to women than to men.

I on the other hand have never owned a Defender. I did drive a NAS 110 once and I was a passenger in a D90 once. I have owned exactly 2 Land Rover vehicles so far in my life. The first a 1968 88 and the second a 1960 109. Baring the 109 being destroyed beyond rebuilding I have no plans for a third Land Rover. My Dormobile makes for comfortable camping and is a fun place to regress to my childhood and play house while on the trail.

If you are looking for Land Rover Divas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2014, 10:42 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Yep.. Rover divas is a great bunch of kids who do really good things for the budding young roverites.. They were flower girls at my land rover camel trophy wedding... A lot of fun was had by all..
Old August 15th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Christocat
Chris & Rachael
1997 Land Rover Defender LE 116

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-man View Post
Is that the Noveske Rifle symbol on the center hella lamp cover is it?
Yes it is! It was the second thing that went up on the truck after Chris put the garter from our wedding up! Big Noveske fans...happy his wife is carrying on with the company.

-R

(And no, i'm never giving back my husband's account. LOL)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2014, 10:57 AM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Yes it is! It was the second thing that went up on the truck after Chris put the garter from our wedding up! Big Noveske fans...happy his wife is carrying on with the company. -R (And no, i'm never giving back my husband's account. LOL)
Have you ventured into the mud pit?
Old August 15th, 2014, 11:00 AM
the rover shop
shayne young

Said the spider to the fly.......
Old August 15th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Christocat
Chris & Rachael

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
Ahhhh! They are so adorable! It's fantastic to see some young girls getting involved with cars! It's something I always wanted to learn growing up, and never had the opportunity to. I did learn how to change a tire though, and it always came in handy. I've even changed a few guys' tires....you couldn't wipe the grin off of my face for days! One of my girlfriends and I replaced her spark plugs once in college. That's about the extent of my auto body work...for now.

I'm fortunate that I have a husband who also wants to get into restoration and has a love of old cars. Not so much a restoration as general maintenance, but I think we're replacing the brake pads this weekend. I love learning new things!!!!!! I can't wait to be able to share all of this with our future children!

-R
Old August 15th, 2014, 11:56 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
Seriously though.. Me current unicorn wife..
My goodness Shayne..your wife is beautiful!
Old August 15th, 2014, 12:02 PM
genie90
Jay Geaney
1994 D-90 ST #282

Quote:
Gingers don't have souls....because we steal them. ))))))
Daywalker!
Old August 15th, 2014, 01:05 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
My goodness Shayne..your wife is beautiful!
Of course she is... I only marry the best...and she was all for travelling around the world in our defender.. Just got back from a year in it.. Www.youngrovers.com
Old August 15th, 2014, 01:59 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Of course she is... I only marry the best...and she was all for travelling around the world in our defender.. Just got back from a year in it.. Www.youngrovers.com

Aww.. you guys are newlyweds as well. Congratulations to you both. I feel the same about marriage. My unicorn male has yet to cross my path ... He must like to fish, camp, be able to work on his own rover, have a sense of humor and above all, be kind. I've met some with a few of these characteristics but never all at the same time. Sooo...oh and be adventurous of course! Is there a male version of the hot/crazy matrix? To me the external/visual hotness doesn't really matter, because 'hot' comes from within. Quirky and nutty is good, crazy is bad.
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Is there a male version of the hot/crazy matrix?
Yes, this is the full version (not the incomplete one posted before), where there is a quick explanation at the end of the male matrix.
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:16 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Let's see if we can find you a guy who fits all these criteria.... Who's up for seeing who can fill those blanks.. I've seen a couple of sigs from guys in the Texas area... Hmmmmm, let's see who I can think of...it's coming up to nice wheeling weather..you coming to overland east or any of the events out east Carmen...
Oh.. You're not bat shit crazy are you Carmen..???
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Christocat
Chris & Rachael

Registry
Quote:
We'll have to pick your brain! That is our ultimate dream. Now to find a way to fund our adventures so we never have to "work" again....

-R
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:28 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Yes it is! It was the second thing that went up on the truck after Chris put the garter from our wedding up! Big Noveske fans...happy his wife is carrying on with the company. -R (And no, i'm never giving back my husband's account. LOL)
Sigh. Was a great friend. Very cool tribute.
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Christocat
Chris & Rachael

Registry
Quote:
Said the spider to the fly.......
I know a "that's what she said" trap when I see it.
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:32 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Yes, this is the full version (not the incomplete one posted before), where there is a quick explanation at the end of the male matrix.

I watched that and got a giggle from it, but the male one doesn't really fit for me. They are implying that women care for money and looks over substance, character and everything else. I think this one must be re-done
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Christocat
Chris & Rachael

Registry
Quote:
Aww.. you guys are newlyweds as well. Congratulations to you both. I feel the same about marriage. My unicorn male has yet to cross my path ... He must like to fish, camp, be able to work on his own rover, have a sense of humor and above all, be kind. I've met some with a few of these characteristics but never all at the same time. Sooo...oh and be adventurous of course! Is there a male version of the hot/crazy matrix? To me the external/visual hotness doesn't really matter, because 'hot' comes from within. Quirky and nutty is good, crazy is bad.
Maybe the hubs and I will try to trek down to Expo East this Fall...we've been wanting to go to an event. I'll help ya go "shopping" amongst the chest beating men! Ha! Or we'll talk shop and bras...hahahaha!

-RRR

------ Follow up post added August 15th, 2014 02:39 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-man View Post
Sigh. Was a great friend. Very cool tribute.
Great guns...glad to hear he was a great guy too! Would have liked to have known him.

Now i have a sudden urge to go to the range....

-RRR
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Click image for larger version

Name:	AAA man woman.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	100950

Be careful what you wish for
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:46 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Quote:
Maybe the hubs and I will try to trek down to Expo East this Fall...we've been wanting to go to an event. I'll help ya go "shopping" amongst the chest beating men! Ha! Or we'll talk shop and bras...hahahaha!

-RRR :
Ooh ooh ohh, can I come... Just for a mans kinda opinion kinda thing.... Honest....
Old August 15th, 2014, 02:52 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Let's see if we can find you a guy who fits all these criteria.... Who's up for seeing who can fill those blanks.. I've seen a couple of sigs from guys in the Texas area... Hmmmmm, let's see who I can think of...it's coming up to nice wheeling weather..you coming to overland east or any of the events out east Carmen...
Oh.. You're not bat shit crazy are you Carmen..???
Nope, I've never been characterized as that before. You'd probably get a swift kick in the arse if you did! Although I have been called crazy for taking on Series Rover restores, paddling for hundreds of miles and actually enjoying myself with both ..and I'm cool with that.

------ Follow up post added August 15th, 2014 01:57 PM ------

Quote:

-RRR

------ Follow up post added August 15th, 2014 02:39 PM ------

Great guns...glad to hear he was a great guy too! Would have liked to have known him.

Now i have a sudden urge to go to the range....

-RRR
You're on sister!! I hope you guys can make it, that would be great! I've met a few of the fellows on here and their wives, they are all great gals too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
90, d-90