Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 19th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Sightings

Don't you find it interesting how Defender owners go absolutely nuts when we see another Defender? Forget the "Jeep wave", we honk, flash lights, and almost run off the road when we see each other. Even when I am in my vintage Porsche and see another of those rare birds, I usually get a subdued wave or salute. D owners are true fanatics.
Funny story... About 7 years ago I was riding my Harley on my lunch break. While humming along at about 50mph on a major road in Jacksonville, I looked over my right shoulder to switch lanes. When I looked back up, ther was a stopped F150 dead ahead. Next thing I know, I am on the ground with a cracked helmet, a broken wrist and a crumpled up bike. I was able to stand up and get my bearings while assessing my bodily damage. While standing there in all of the chaos, I look across the street and see a red D90. Even when the police and EMTs were talking to me, I kept getting distracted by the Defender. When my wife arrived on scene, one of the first things I said was "honey, look at that Defender over there". She knew I was ok..... physically
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Glad you are okay (physically) after a bike wreck like that.

I totally concur with your assessment of Defender owners. I have come close to several accidents getting distracted by a moving or stationary Defender anywhere in my field of view. When I see a 110, you better get outta my way, cuz I ain't looking at the road.
Old December 19th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Yes, I "lucked" out on that one with only a broken wrist. I took that as a sign and ended my riding days for good at that point...
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2007, 04:56 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

It's horrible around here.. Few Fenders to be seen!! Actually I've had the 110 for about a month and only just yesterday one of the Moms at my kids scholl started with the Q's . She was indeed an enthusiast and knew a lot but the only one in a month!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Big, Red and ... aaa Red..
Old December 21st, 2007, 10:57 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Never see Defenders when I am in mine. Since I have had mine I have seen one guy in a 110, I dont think it was NAS, but he was waving and all and I saw him and did the same. We were goin in opposite directions on the interstate. Ive seen a few Discos, Ill blink at the modded ones occasionally get a response.

I have been working on a site where there is a Defender, I always try and go check it out when I see it. My associates think I am insane. I imagine the folks that have seen me looking in under and on top think the same.
Old December 21st, 2007, 11:34 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

I was at Academy yesterday (a sporting goods store) and a guy came out of the store to catch me when I was getting out of the 90 and started saying how awesome it was...how he's always wanted one and that he looks at them on ebay all the time. My girlfriend thinks it's nuts. After our drive home from NC she doesn't understand why anyone would want one (that's why I decided I needed to replace 106 before I got married)

Follow-up Post:

Another funny story I have is when I bought my first 90 I had a Discovery. My next door neighbor at the time would catch me in the driveway and tell me how cool my Discovery was and that he always wanted a D90. We ended up both buying 90s the same weekend...so as rare as they are I ended up having one right next door. Then when I moved to the town I live in now I ended up with one down the street there too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, sighting, sightings