Sighting: LR Series II on Dirty Jobs - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 31st, 2006, 03:25 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Sighting: LR Series II on Dirty Jobs

I was flying back to Utah from NYC and watching live TV from my seat (JetBlue rules). Dirty Jobs was on and Mike Rowe was visiting a monkey sanctuary in South Africa. In the episode, Mike gets to do some repair work on the family's trusty Series II. The truck got a lot of "face time" in the episode. They even showed the bumper sticker: "I'd rather push my Landy than drive a Cruiser".

Hopefully, the episode will show up here soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 31st, 2006, 06:48 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin
I was flying back to Utah from NYC and watching live TV from my seat (JetBlue rules). Dirty Jobs was on and Mike Rowe was visiting a monkey sanctuary in South Africa. In the episode, Mike gets to do some repair work on the family's trusty Series II. The truck got a lot of "face time" in the episode. They even showed the bumper sticker: "I'd rather push my Landy than drive a Cruiser".

Hopefully, the episode will show up here soon...
I saw that episode the other night as well, man would i like to own a defender truck, although i'd be more a fan of the 110...

fj40 aren't bad landcruisers though, i guess i'm an oddity bc i'm not a normal defender owner...
Old October 31st, 2006, 08:24 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
whats a "normal defender owner" ?
Advertisement

Old October 31st, 2006, 09:07 AM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

I've got that on my Tivo from when it aired a couple months ago. I'll pull it and edit it down to just the bit with them working on and crawling under the Rover.
Old October 31st, 2006, 09:32 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
whats a "normal defender owner" ?
close minded snob about how great their vehicle is
Old October 31st, 2006, 10:22 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkavan01
close minded snob about how great their vehicle is

Seems odd that of all of the Defender owners that I have been around over the last five years, very few of them fit your description of "normal".

Guess I've just been lucky
Old November 1st, 2006, 07:04 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer
Seems odd that of all of the Defender owners that I have been around over the last five years, very few of them fit your description of "normal".

Guess I've just been lucky
wish i knew a few of them unfortunetly i know more d90 owners in the real world then i do on this board...
Old November 1st, 2006, 06:06 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
wish i knew a few of them unfortunetly i know more d90 owners in the real world then i do on this board...

I meant real world, I swap info and opinions with the guys here but I only know a few of them. Oh yeah, the ones from here that I actually know don't fit your description of normal.

Not saying you are wrong, it's just not been my experience.
Old November 1st, 2006, 06:15 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer
I meant real world, I swap info and opinions with the guys here but I only know a few of them. Oh yeah, the ones from here that I actually know don't fit your description of normal.

Not saying you are wrong, it's just not been my experience.
agreed, here on this board people are pretty good, alot of people here have been through alot, done tons of upgrades etc... unfortunetly in the real world i haven't been to any get togethers but i have met alot of owners with garage queens... both before i bought my d90 and after... those are the ones that are mostly stuck up...
Old November 1st, 2006, 06:41 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
agreed, here on this board people are pretty good, alot of people here have been through alot, done tons of upgrades etc... unfortunetly in the real world i haven't been to any get togethers but i have met alot of owners with garage queens... both before i bought my d90 and after... those are the ones that are mostly stuck up...

I see where your commin' from. I think the guys who wheel 'em are the real enthusiasts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ht, series, sighting