Side step help this Saturday - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 15th, 2011, 01:51 PM
jbarks1
John B
1995 Defender 90

Side step help this Saturday

So, the wifey is going to L.A. this weekend and insists my new set of side steps has to actually go on the Defender instead of sitting on the floor in our apartment. Looks like a fairly simple job but I could use a hand if anyone is free to help.

I'm located in downtown San Diego and am free all day tomorrow (Saturday April 16th). Does anyone happen to be available to lend a hand? I can come to your place or there is a big fancy Office Depot parking lot nearby.

I provide the hand tools and beer/spirits of your fancy, while you get to provide the motivational support and a bicep or two to help me bolt these bad boys on.

The car: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12185689/Defender2.jpg

The side steps: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12185689/side%20steps.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12185689/side%20steps2.jpg

Yours truly and the wifey in Colorado Springs: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12185689/me.jpg

Kind regards to all on the forum contributing to the wealth of knowledge created here,

Johnny B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 15th, 2011, 02:38 PM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

They should be pretty straightforward. Try using a milkcrate (steal/borrow from grocery store loading dock) or box to hold them up while you bolt them to the frame.

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old April 15th, 2011, 03:04 PM
dlee888
Davie Lee
1997 D90 Soft Top

John, I just intalled mine last weekend and like Brian stated... it's pretty straight forward.
I used some PB Blaster on the old bolts that made the job much easier.

I did the entire install by myself and took about 1.5 hours.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 15th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Crash303
Josh Harris
97/ D90 ST #1190

Dude if you want you can by my place and I'll give you a helping hand. I'm located in Tierrasanta off the 15 and the 52. I should be home all day on Saturday.

"They are, in factory original condition, noisy, they leak water in from the top and oil out from underneath, you can never demist the windows in winter, they handle like scaffolding towers, and use more fuel than Beijing." Richard Hammond
Old April 15th, 2011, 11:13 PM
jbarks1
John B
1995 Defender 90

I love this forum!

@ Brian LOL! Thanks! Will be great to know these aren't too bad to get on and off when I'm flying solo in the future! Wifey definitely doesn't like getting her nails dirty. If Ralph's grocery is missing any boxes, I didn't take 'em.

@ Davie, Thanks for the tip, and good to know this is an easy rookie job! I'll pick up some Blaster on the way to Josh's tomorrow.

@Josh, You are the dude! We have a date! Muchas gracias in advance! Let me know the poison of your choice and I'll be there with bells on. Isn't Cheetah's somewhere up by you? We may have to go by there afterwards as I don't get out much. I have a hall pass since the wife's outta town. I'll PM you here in a few.
Old April 16th, 2011, 12:24 AM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Not fair... I have to work tomorrow so I can't fulfill my Rover Addiction! Johnny maybe by the time I get off work you will still be around. Josh and I are roommates.... which is really bad when it comes to rational decisions regarding Rovers. We enable each other's sickness.
Old April 16th, 2011, 01:15 PM
jbarks1
John B
1995 Defender 90

@Neill,

I'm actually bringing a keg of Newcastle and some strippers over to your place then planning on assing out on your couch after we get these side steps on. I'll leave the keys in the ignition if you want to go for a spin!

Seriously though, hope to meet you today! This working on Saturday stuff is for the birds!
Old April 20th, 2011, 01:49 PM
jbarks1
John B
1995 Defender 90

Just wanted to send a belated shout out and very sincere thank you to Josh and Neill for helping me put these side steps on. Mission Accomplished! They look great!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12185689/side%20steps.jpg

You guys rock!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat