Should Barry stop the constant Horsey Jokes - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

View Poll Results: Should Barry stop all the Horseyboy Mockery
Yes I find him very annoying. Then again I think it's because of his sparkling smile 20 47.62%
No it gets me through my otherwise boring existense 7 16.67%
Hell no!! With every joke he breaks new ground 3 7.14%
Yes, Anyone have his uncle's phone number? 4 9.52%
The only poll I care about is at the Blue Oyster 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 26th, 2010, 01:08 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I'm just a little surprised that CvC edited a post. I wouldn't have guessed that he would resort to that. That stuff's for ExPo.

I dig that it was offensive to some but wouldn't it be better to let Barry look like the bad guy instead?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2010, 02:00 AM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Being completely impartial here...I'm not sure how I see Barry mocking himself for being Jewish is offensive to anyone else? Each of the poll options related to Barry himself and not Horsey, if that's what you were thinking.

Anyway, thought I'd give my take on the situation before this blows up into a full on fire fight.

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old March 26th, 2010, 04:35 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
I'm just a little surprised that CvC edited a post. I wouldn't have guessed that he would resort to that. That stuff's for ExPo.

I dig that it was offensive to some but wouldn't it be better to let Barry look like the bad guy instead?
I know that editing posts is bad netiquette, but I think it can't be universally condemned. Since it happens hear maybe once a year at max, I don't think its a big deal.

Also agreed that its better to delete the message than edit, but since it was a poll, then I think deleting it would have meant axing the thread. Sort of a lesser of two (inconsequential) evils question.

I really think its Ok for the site owner to decide what sort of humor is forbidden on the site. ExPo is a great example of admin priviledges run amok, but I think CvC's editorial opinions are justifiable and the actions warranted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 26th, 2010, 09:33 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Let me say that I owe an apology to Barry. I originally mis-read his poll and took it as yet another Horsey post bagging on him and in quickly glancing at it, thought that he was calling Horsey a Jew and not himself. I didnt read it completely and just assumed he was bagging on Joshua so I edited the poll. After reading peoples follow up comments, I started to feel that I was missing out on something. I read the poll closer and realize I had not taken it in correctly.

So I'm sorry I edited the poll option Barry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post

Technically I edited a poll line option to say 'sparkling smile'.. more as a joke to see if he caught it before I was going to deleted the poll all together. If it had been a post, I would have simply deleted it.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:41 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Wink

O'neill. A common Jewish name.

Old March 26th, 2010, 09:45 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

HA I thought so. No worries.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat