Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 20th, 2006, 06:16 PM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
Shipping from Canada into the USA

I recently, well 2 weeks ago purchased a item off EBay fro a guy in eastern Canada. It was supposedly shipped on June 6th. I have yet to see it. I have the Canada Post tracking number but all that says is that it was dropped off and processed on the 6th of June and nothing beyond that. Does it normally take this long for packages to go from Canada to the USA? Once it enters the USA who picks it up USPS, UPS, FedEx? Should I be expecting USPS to drop it off?

Anyone have any experience with this?

The guy I bought the item from has been very helpful with obtaining the tracking number and such bet he is stumped too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2006, 06:29 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
If it was sent Canada post then USPS will drop it off. I have had mail to and from Canada take ridiculous amounts of time before - I have no idea why.
Old June 20th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I had a package shipped from BC on 5 june, and it arrived via ups on the 13th in Charlotte, NC. If I were you I would call the shipper and start an investigation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
It depends on how it was sent, but the the low cost standard is 6 to 12 business days between major centers. Longer if rural and if there are border delays.

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/of...delivery-e.asp

It will go to USPS. The tracking is useless for regular parcel post. If you are in a rush, Xpresspost USA is better.

I wouldn't even think of worrying until after 3 weeks......
Old June 20th, 2006, 07:17 PM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90
It depends on how it was sent, but the the low cost standard is 6 to 12 business days between major centers. Longer if rural and if there are border delays.

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/of...delivery-e.asp

It will go to USPS. The tracking is useless for regular parcel post. If you are in a rush, Xpresspost USA is better.

I wouldn't even think of worrying until after 3 weeks......

Red,

Thanks, I figured if it was handed off to USPS thenm it would or could take a while. If it was UPS I was going to start worrying and launch an investigation. UPS lately has been dropping off several packages at the same address on our block. All the packages have differant addresses. I figure he is trying to beat the standard and hoping that the neighbor will be nice and deliver them for him I am witing for a nice Tivoli iSongbook and if it was dropped off to the wrong neighbor I can kiss it goodbye.
Old June 20th, 2006, 10:10 PM
RoverChic
D-90 Source P.I.
02 D2, 13 E350 AMG, 11 Ford F350

Kelly I have had packages shipped from Canada to NY that took weeks, about 5 at the most. The USPS delivered it, but it took awhile. I too began to wonder where the package was after the fourth week.

I have also shipped regular mail (small envelopes) to Canada and even that takes about 3-6 weeks. After waiting five weeks, I would make claim with this item. Did he insure it for you? If not, and you paid with PayPal you can always make a claim through them as "item not received". The sender will then have to provide proof to PayPal that he shipped it and that you received it.

Either way Good Luck.
Old June 21st, 2006, 12:53 AM
kellymoe
kevin
defender 130

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverChic
Kelly I have had packages shipped from Canada to NY that took weeks, about 5 at the most. The USPS delivered it, but it took awhile. I too began to wonder where the package was after the fourth week.

I have also shipped regular mail (small envelopes) to Canada and even that takes about 3-6 weeks. After waiting five weeks, I would make claim with this item. Did he insure it for you? If not, and you paid with PayPal you can always make a claim through them as "item not received". The sender will then have to provide proof to PayPal that he shipped it and that you received it.

Either way Good Luck.
It was insured by the seller and paid thru Paypal. I guess it's still early so I wont sweat it for a few more weeks.
I was just really looking forward to cranking Bob Will and the Texas Playboys while wrenching on my truck

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
shipping